Really bad optimisation and performance with crashes

by SinlessViper24

Original Post

Really bad optimisation and performance with crashes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Cant get though a single game without a crash. Performance issues left right and centre. Having to run the game on medium just to get anywhere near 60fps 

DX11 crashes and says the Gfx card has been physically removed from the system which is impossible as id need to remove the display cable to do so...

CPU 8700k is OC'd at 5ghz 60c max

GPU 1080Ti is OC'd at 2050Mhz again 66c Max

RAM 16gb 3200mhz with XMP ontop

970 NVME SSD install

windows 10 (latest update)

nvidia drivers clean install done

750w PSU power draw at full load is no more than 600w

really bad performance on anything other than med and below... 

see screen shot of issue and specs (https://postimg.cc/47QsKRG0)

Message 1 of 20 (20,775 Views)

Re: Really bad optimisation and performance with crashes

★★★ Novice

I sse EA are still slow to respond to anything Frown 

Message 2 of 20 (20,722 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey,

same here. The first thing that happened to me after loading up the game was a nice crash to desktop with the old familiar DX-device-removed error. It has been around for years and it comes back every new release. 

See this 500+ page thread from bf1: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/38131/directx-function-error-nvidia-are-you-actually...

they do usually fix it about 3-6 month after release. But that we have to go through the same error since bf4 is completely ridiculous .

practical tip for the time being: I am able to avoid the error at the moment by playing on 1080p instead of WQHD, but I can see that that would be unacceptable to you, considering you have pretty high-end rig. 

Apart from this I am also noticing a very poor optimisation compared to bf1. I am getting about half the fps compared to  bf1 despite lowering the resolution and without that much of an upgrade in graphical fidelity. 

Game needs to go back into the oven.

Message 3 of 20 (20,702 Views)

Community Manager

@Pro_b0@SinlessViper24 Sorry to see that you are having issues with the game. If you are sharing an error message can you always ensure that it is readable.

Is the error you are seeing releated to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED, if to this error points to an issue with your GPU and the best thing to do is a clean install of your GPU drivers. 

You also need to ensure that you:

• Turn on vsync
  • Perform a clean bootbefore attemting to play the game
  • Ensure you have power supply capable of meeting the demands of your hardware while it is under heavy gaming load
  • Set all in game graphics settings to low in order to reduce the stress on your GPU.
  • Set the high performance preset in your GPU control panel, as opposed to the high quality preset.
  • Run your video card at stock speeds (memory and core). This is also important for players with factory overclocked cards. This will require some third party software such as EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner etc.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 20 (20,694 Views)

★★★ Novice

Not sure how it’s not readable as I’m veiwing it from the link in full screen just fine ? 

Also so as mentioned I’ve done everything as usual to check. I’m not being funny but this rig should not be struggling to play 60fps at 4K atall... you game is poorly developed clearly as bf1 I get 4K 80+ FPS on ultra. Bfv can’t even manage 60fps on medium settings....

ive flashed my bios, clean install as I said in my original post, latest drivers, I’m down to medium settings from ultra. Ultra the game sits at 11fps... 

doesnt matter if the cpu or gpu is overclocked or not it performs the same. 

Take me a look on your forums there are 100’s with the same issues and worse on the same hardware and better. 

Message 5 of 20 (20,682 Views)

Community Manager

@SinlessViper24 You must have better eyes than me as when I try to zoom in on the error to read it, it all gets too fuzzy to read clearly. 

The issue you are having is related to your GPU, the error from what I understand of it is telling you this. Did you try the steps I suggested above? If not then please go through them.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 20 (20,676 Views)

★★★ Novice

And here is The settings im having to use to get the game to be somewhat playable currently.... as you can see nvidia think the machine is more than capable of ultra settings but the game just isn't playable at those (optimised) settings

Message 7 of 20 (20,673 Views)

★★★ Novice

im viewing it on a 4k monitor without zooming in? (I bet your not following the link no doubt) 

yeah I've done all the normal stuff as I stated Bf1 had the same  error on launch so its not a new thing its a game related issue and bf is the only game it happens in, I play Destiny 2 at ultra 4k 60+fps no issues and the same for Forza 7 and Horizon 4. its literally a battlefield issue not my machine. 

Message 8 of 20 (20,670 Views)

★★★ Novice

here is hardware monitoring results after 1 game at medium settings

Message 9 of 20 (20,654 Views)

★★★ Novice

and here is hw monitor at ultra settings in game

Message 10 of 20 (20,637 Views)