Re: entering sleep mode

by Jobany_Pizdec

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem with Apex even after year. Sometimes its happening once a week and sometimes its happening 10 times in 1 hour range.Monitor turns black and says its going to sleep mode and after while i hear sound of disconnecting keyboard even its conected and only thing i can do is restarting a PC
Worst thing is its happening during rankeds and i am ruining games to my team when they are 2v3 everytime.

Message 1 of 8 (455 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Jobany_Pizdec

That's pretty weird. Have you taken a look at the power settings in Windows to see if there's anything there that might indicate why it happens? Are there any settings there that would enable Sleep mode? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 8 (421 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes i have check power settings and everything what should turn pc into sleep is turned off or is set to sleel after some hours.

Message 3 of 8 (406 Views)

Community Manager

@Jobany_Pizdec 

Got it, thanks!

When you have a chance could you post a DxDiag so we can take a look? For more info on how to pull one up check out the EA Help website

Once you have the file please attach it to this thread. Thanks again!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 8 (382 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here is a DxDiag. Hope i did it right.

Message 5 of 8 (364 Views)

Community Manager

@Jobany_Pizdec 

Thanks! That's what I needed. 

Looking through the DxDiag it appears that explorer.exe has been crashing. This is Windows Explorer, which basically handles a lot of the interface functions like your taskbar and desktop. I'm wondering if these crashes might have something to do with the issues you've been seeing. 

In some cases these crashes can point to corrupted system files somewhere in Windows. When you've got the chance I'd recommend running the System File Checker to see if that helps. It should be able to recover or replace the files if there is something missing or corrupted. 

Let me know how it goes when you've got the chance. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 8 (348 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have done it and it says Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
I will see if it will crash. Thanks for help.

Message 7 of 8 (330 Views)

Community Manager

@Jobany_Pizdec 

Did you have the chance to try playing again recently? Are you still running into any issues with your PC going to sleep? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 8 (300 Views)