Re: SWTOR DESKTOP CRASH

by WMichaeli82

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Hey, anyone have one of those miracle cures for a 64 bit OS?

Message 1 of 8 (573 Views)

@WMichaeli82

I have moved your post to a new thread as 32bit OS is not in any way related to your issue if you have a 64 bit OS

Bit more information on when it crashes etc may be worthwhile if you want help looking at this ?

Run a game repair first up per this link  failing that provide a dxdiag per this link if the repair doesnt help

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 8 (565 Views)

★★★ Novice
Mostly. The SWTOR crashes randomly and intermittently, I've had it happen when bringing up the map, using quick travel, selecting a quick travel location, using a speeder service, using a mount, talking to an NPC, talking to a companion, talking to myself, standing around, looking through inventory, looking through storage, buying, selling, logging in, switching characters, in strongholds, exiting strongholds, editing strongholds, and any other situations I might have not listed.

This happened before but it's been months. The last time this happened it was a simple fix of deleting the Bitraider folder and forcing a repair. I've never been able to just use the repair function in settings for whatever reason. Last night I decided to uninstall and waiting until I get off work to update and allow for the maintenance today. Once I get off work I'll also be able to post a dxdiag for ya but I can probably tell you right now the info you need it you let me know what it is you're looking for.
Message 3 of 8 (538 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@WMichaeli82

If you're working off a fresh uninstall, I'd highly recommend switching to the non-streaming patcher, since the repair function built in to the launcher only works with this mode, and is far superior when it comes to actually repairing stuff.

If it still crashes after the repair comes back clean (see here), throw your DxDiag up here and we'll take a look.

Message 4 of 8 (512 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'll go ahead and post the DxDiag now just in case.  I'll try running the game for about 45 mins and if it happens again I'll try out your method of switching to the non streaming client.

Message 5 of 8 (501 Views)

@WMichaeli82

Initially when troubleshooting issues remove the overclock on the CPU so it runs at 3.8 GHz for now.

The dxdiag is only showing a crash in Cisco anyconnect , maybe disable that for now too while looking at swtor

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 6 of 8 (483 Views)

★★★ Novice
I forgot that my CPU was overclocked but so far the game send to be running ok. As far as the Cisco Anyconnect I work from home and that has to be set to auto run but I haven't found any good info on setting it as a user auto run instead of a system auto run. But I do have a separate profile for work and sometimes while switching profiles it starts back up and I have to force it closed.

If the game starts acting up again I'll remove the overclock then move on to stopping the streaming download for the client. Thanks everyone.
Message 7 of 8 (452 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Try making sure your memory isn't overclocked as well. I was having that issue in this game and others. Turned my memory down to stock speed and been running fine since then.

Message 8 of 8 (434 Views)