Razer THX Spatial sound issue BFV

by Blun91

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Razer THX Spatial sound issue BFV

★★★ Novice

Hi Guys, 

in April i brought a Razer Nari Ultimate. 

Upon starting Battlefield 5, I am getting a sound "sputtering" when in "THX spatial - Synapse", when switching to "Razer Nari Ultimate - Game", the sound is played as normal.

I found a reddit post where someone is explaining the exact same issue, (https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9zxns6/bug_sound_issue_stuttering_when_playing/) - although i couldn't find the antimalware service he was talking about.

Everything is working fine other than battlefield. I want to be able to use my 3D audio for BFV - its the whole reason im downloading it again.

Here is a clip of the issue ( i recorded this) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajiksxpW9sc&feature=youtu.be (yes it happened after the update as well) 

I have just been chatting to Razer Support and they asked me to a bunch of stuff with the headset and they deduced that it wasnt the headsets fault but the game because this issue only happens in battlefield V, doesn’t happen in any other game I have played, Assassins Creed Odyssey, Watchdogs 2, YouTube, music, etc

System information is attached. 

Hopefully this helps indentify the issue,

Blun

Message 1 of 8 (9,816 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Razer THX Spatial sound issue BFV

★★★ Novice

So, i managed to fix my own issue.  Windows Audio Graph Isolation was using way to much CPU - So under the Sound Control panel of windows, select properties of THX Spatial and disable audio enhancement checkbox under the advanced tab. that caused it to stop sputtering

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (9,720 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

any ideas anyone?

Message 2 of 8 (9,753 Views)

★★★ Novice

So, i managed to fix my own issue.  Windows Audio Graph Isolation was using way to much CPU - So under the Sound Control panel of windows, select properties of THX Spatial and disable audio enhancement checkbox under the advanced tab. that caused it to stop sputtering

Message 3 of 8 (9,721 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Blun91 thanks for the update. Standard smile

Glad to hear its working now for you!

/Atic
Message 4 of 8 (9,684 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

this worked a treat. Installed bfv played one game fine then bug kicked in. Only way was to use game controller setting in razer kraken. Now works with spatial as it should .THX

Message 5 of 8 (9,614 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Doesn't it lower the quality for the games it does work for

Message 6 of 8 (8,633 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So disabling the "enhanced audio" in the audio property's DOSE work.......but there's a catch. Without the "enhanced audio" you will not be able to use all of the Audio channels that is available through the game thus you will be missing a bunch of audio effects and sounds. BUT if you toggle the "enhanced audio" back on, it will fix the issue. AGAIN there's a catch. It doesn't give you a permanent fix to this issue, BUT if you minimize the audio property's window for you're headset, then you will be able to fix the audio sputtering whenever it happens. Just toggle it off and then back on, and you should be good. SADLY this doesn't work on BF1. I tried and it did not work.

Message 7 of 8 (3,176 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I also had a few audio problems like that at radiofrench How can this problem be solved?

Message 8 of 8 (2,839 Views)