Re: Razer Synapse & Peripheral Troubleshooting

by NatDragonBorn

Original Post

The r5apex.exe is currently controlling your device's lightning

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Basically my mouse is set to cycle trough all colors, when I turn on Apex , my mouse is just stuck on red color and it kind of flickers  and this message  appears when I try to check Razer Synapse and see what is going on

Message 11 of 17 (1,197 Views)

Razer peripherals disconnect/reconnect randomly

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia 1070 max-q
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? TheK00laider
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. NA
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Gibraltar
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Any legends
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. This happens anywhere in the game.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Happens randomly. I could be looting, fighting, etc.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? This started when devs introduced Razer lighting.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) When devs introduced razer lighting
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? This happens randomly or sometimes not a all during play time. This has happened when I loaded into the game at the start screen, during jumping. I've had it happen during fights where nothing worked because it was as as though all my peripherals were disconnected simultaneously, and reconnected. And when everything reconnects, the lighting bugs out/freezes on all my peripherals. Not sure if this is a Razer driver issue, or if this is something else.  Current Razer Synapse version 3.4.331.31119.
What should be happening instead? Lighting and peripherals should work without bugging out and causing game play disruptions.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You should be able to experience it with Razer peripherals. I've played 5 matches this morning and it happened 3 of the 5 matches. Restarting my computer doesn't seem to help either.

Razer peripherals and Blade 15 laptop(potentially) suffer from this issue.

My device and peripherals: Razer Blade 15(device), Razer Goliathus Extended mousemat, Razer Base Station Chroma, Razer laptop stand chroma, Razer Mamba Tournament Edition, Razer Blackwidow chroma v2.

This happens randomly or sometimes not a all during play time. This has happened when I loaded into the game at the start screen, during jumping.

I've had it happen during fights where nothing worked because it was as as though all my peripherals were disconnected simultaneously, and reconnected. And when everything reconnects, the lighting bugs out/freezes on all my peripherals.

Not sure if this is a Razer driver issue, or if this is something else.  Current Razer Synapse version 3.4.331.31119.

Message 12 of 17 (1,170 Views)

Re: Razer peripherals disconnect/reconnect randomly

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here. Mouse randomly disconnects in Apex Legends only. I'm using Deathadder Chroma Razer Synapse sw version 2.21

Message 13 of 17 (1,101 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi, my wifu also gets this problem, I have a feeling it is down to razer offering no support for synapse 2 and not really caring about a mouse they no longer sell.
My hunch is that there is some sort of problem that occurs during the game with the chroma apps lighting effects that causes the mouse to overload and crash, this could probably be addressed by razer but it won't be, because the company are money grabbing turds.
That being said it could be completely unrelated to the chroma and something else going wrong that a driver update (we will never receive) could probably fix.
My advice, stay away from razer products, rgb is nice but if you are serious about fps, there are plenty of better mice than razer ones.
If you have tonnes of money, check out the logitech g pro wirless. That is my current mouse and It is in my opinion the best mouse on the market, at 80g it's a monster!.
You could also have a look at the final mouse air 58, or the glorious Odin which comes out soon.
I am personally boycotting razer because of the whole synapse 2 synapse 3 situation. I honestly suggest you do the same, and spread the word.
I have turned the chroma apps off in synapse 2 for my missus gaming pc, and will give you an update on if that has fixed the problem on her mouse. It probably won't but who knows.
Message 14 of 17 (1,086 Views)

Re: The r5apex.exe is currently controlling your device's lightning

★★★ Newbie

Same problem, same mouse.

Message 15 of 17 (1,080 Views)

★★ Novice

anyone got it fixed up?

Message 16 of 17 (657 Views)

Re: Mouse Randomly turning on and off

★★ Novice

I can confirm that he isn't the only one receiving this issue. This is my 2nd razer mouse purchased, the mouse is new and am having the same issue after replacing it when the fist did the same thing. Not only that but there are several reddit posts of others having similar issues and only for Apex.

Message 17 of 17 (559 Views)