Razer Raiju PS4 Tournament Edition not working

by stiffs0ftw4r3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Razer Raiju PS4 Tournament Edition not working

★★ Novice

Hello,

I've reached out for some support about Razer Raiju Controller (Tournament Edition) on PC for Apex Legends, because it is not working.

When I connect dualshock v4 from my PS4, the game recongizes controller and I can use it. However this is not case for Razer controller.

In windows settings for USB Controller it is recognized and all buttons, d-pad, sticks (axis) are working. So I am assuming the error is on your side in application.

Is this controller even supported? ('cause there is no page providing such information)

What I've tried is "solution" (or rather workaround) on this forum:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Razer-Raiju-PS4-Controller-issue-PC-Win10/m-p/7598984#M27...

but unfortunately, controller is not recognized in that software.

I updated firmware for Razer Raiju controller, so it is up-to-date with the latest one.

I am willing to provide any additional information about this case.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5 (13,441 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Razer Raiju PS4 Tournament Edition not working

★★ Novice

Hello,

I found solution and my controller is now working, so I will post it here for anyone having this problem to be solved.

There may be many things that may keep you from playing with controllers, so I will try to explain what worked for me.

I knew that controller is working, since in windows USB controllers settings I could find my razer controller and it was giving me feedback about button inputs, axis, etc. What I notice was, when I I turned on steam, controller was "kinda working". What it means, I was able to launch steam "big picture" and in games I could actually use controller, but only when I hold "PS button". Which is state you do not want to do, when you are playing.

Here are 3 main problems and solution to what helped:

1. Razer TE Driver (for firmware update) - you can download from official Razer Raiju Tournament Edition support page (was alread installed but still not working)

https://support.razer.com/articles/1688837711

2. Razer XInput TE driver - also from unofficial Razer support page (this was missing part, why it was not working, this maps and provides feedback to system for standardized inputs for every game outside of platforms such as steam, etc.)

https://support.razer.com/console/razer-raiju-tournament-edition/

3. Order for controllers - (I am not saying for AL this may be problem, but I will write here anyway) Sometimes games picks up first controller (such as Sekiro), where simple solution may be to plug out other controllers or simple with every game run config for re-ordering controllers. Solution found not by me: 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/814380/discussions/0/1850323802586332873/

4. Connectivity - the best and instant result I got when I plugged in via USB cable (not BT), even though you can connect via BT, you need to pair via PS + Options button, this will pair controller as input device. Make sure for all bluetooth drivers, etc.

To summarize it, first 2 steps are crucial and your controller should be working without workaround 3rd party solutions as DS4 windows and joytokey. I did not know that I need extra driver for inputs to be able to play games (like this driver could be updated from first driver, but whatever, razer). I mean AL detects my PS controller as xbox one, but at least it is working.

P.S.: Thanks for support on EA customer care (DIRK), even though we did not come up with solution, but at least he was willing to help.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (13,301 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Hello,

I found solution and my controller is now working, so I will post it here for anyone having this problem to be solved.

There may be many things that may keep you from playing with controllers, so I will try to explain what worked for me.

I knew that controller is working, since in windows USB controllers settings I could find my razer controller and it was giving me feedback about button inputs, axis, etc. What I notice was, when I I turned on steam, controller was "kinda working". What it means, I was able to launch steam "big picture" and in games I could actually use controller, but only when I hold "PS button". Which is state you do not want to do, when you are playing.

Here are 3 main problems and solution to what helped:

1. Razer TE Driver (for firmware update) - you can download from official Razer Raiju Tournament Edition support page (was alread installed but still not working)

https://support.razer.com/articles/1688837711

2. Razer XInput TE driver - also from unofficial Razer support page (this was missing part, why it was not working, this maps and provides feedback to system for standardized inputs for every game outside of platforms such as steam, etc.)

https://support.razer.com/console/razer-raiju-tournament-edition/

3. Order for controllers - (I am not saying for AL this may be problem, but I will write here anyway) Sometimes games picks up first controller (such as Sekiro), where simple solution may be to plug out other controllers or simple with every game run config for re-ordering controllers. Solution found not by me: 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/814380/discussions/0/1850323802586332873/

4. Connectivity - the best and instant result I got when I plugged in via USB cable (not BT), even though you can connect via BT, you need to pair via PS + Options button, this will pair controller as input device. Make sure for all bluetooth drivers, etc.

To summarize it, first 2 steps are crucial and your controller should be working without workaround 3rd party solutions as DS4 windows and joytokey. I did not know that I need extra driver for inputs to be able to play games (like this driver could be updated from first driver, but whatever, razer). I mean AL detects my PS controller as xbox one, but at least it is working.

P.S.: Thanks for support on EA customer care (DIRK), even though we did not come up with solution, but at least he was willing to help.

Message 2 of 5 (13,302 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@stiffs0ftw4r3 After you do all of those steps, what did you do to start playing with it? I’ve done all of the steps and everytime I plug it in and open Apex, it’s still starting as MnK.
Message 3 of 5 (12,810 Views)

★★ Novice
@unicorn_0519 Hello, I just launched Apex Legends from origin and it should work for you, but I have some questions for you which may help to identify problem.
1. Is your Razer controller plugged in as USB? On the backside of controller is toggle button (PS4 BT, USB, PC) and should be set in the middle for USB.

2. Are you launching from origin? Do you have steam launched? - this caused problem for me, that controller whenever I pressed playstation button, steam took controller as main device to controll their "big picture".

3. I may not fully understand what it means that it is starting as mouse n keyboard. When you are in loby and you for example press any button or move with right or left stick UI stays the same for Mouse and keyboard?

4. What happens when you launch Apex Legends and hold PS button and move right or left stick? - in case cursor moves, you are missing driver.

Try all these above, I believe we will find solution.
Take care.
Message 4 of 5 (12,752 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@stiffs0ftw4r3 THANK YOU! This worked for me. You're a hero
Message 5 of 5 (3,990 Views)