Re: Raytracing (2060) stutter / slow down issue.

by AxeFindle

Original Post

Raytracing (2060) stutter / slow down issue.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

When I had raytracing running on my 2060, I would occasionally get massive frame slowdown and stuttering. This would last a couple of seconds. And would happen about every minute. I think I was running at high settings, and mostly sitting at 60fps (maximum fps for my display using new cards without DVI-D). The FPS would drop when this happens but not to the degree that I was observing (though it's hard to tell from a 1-2 second event). I've since turned raytracing off and haven't noticed it. It basically makes the game unplayable because in a round I would experience it many times.

My CPU is an AMD R5 1600
Memory is 16 GB
GPU 2060

Edit: I think this is happening still even with raytracing off. It doesn't seem as bad, but I still get pauses, which I hardly ever, practically never had on my R9 390.

Message 1 of 4 (394 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey @AxeFindle, When playing with the RTX on and, do you notice anything in the Task managers that is spiking out at 100% usage? 

/Atic 
Message 2 of 4 (349 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'll have a look. I also managed to record one of these events (with raytracing off) - In the video, a freeze is apparent at 19 seconds, this is not the recording, this is in-game. And is typical of what I experience, although usually it's a bit worse than this.

Message 3 of 4 (342 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_AticI'm not sure how to monitor Task Manager while playing. I can alt-tab out but the game will throttle down as expected. CPU usage looks to be around 60%, but hard to tell.

Message 4 of 4 (323 Views)