Randomly Get Infinite Loading: Need To Restart Game

by buehlz6

Original Post

Randomly Get Infinite Loading: Need To Restart Game

★ Novice

I've been playing SWGOH for at least three years. Within the last three or so months I've begun having an issue where, sporadically, the game will go to load something where it has that little gadget loading circle, and it will get stuck there indefinitely. This will happen at least once per day, though usually more often the longer I play. When it does happen, it essentially is like a game freeze. The circle keeps spinning but the only way for me to do anything is to completely restart the game.

It could happen when I'm purchasing something from shipments, loading from the Cantina to the guild page or fleet page or vice versa, when I'm entering or leaving a battle, or really anytime that the little loading circle pops up.

It's inconsistent as well. It never always happens when I do a certain thing. It never always happens after performing a certain number of actions. I've had it happen on the very first thing that I try to do when I load up the game. I've also been able to play for like an hour before it happens. It always happens though, and when it does I have to restart the game. I've tried waiting it out for up to ten minutes before. It never actually loads. It just keeps spinning like it's loading. I can't go back or stop it in any way. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting my connection with airplane mode, but then it says the game needs to restart anyway.

Normally it's just annoying more than anything, but it becomes a real problem when I'm entering a battle in Grand Arena, Territory War, or Territory Battle. Even though I never get the chance to actually fight, the battle counts as a loss and I completely lose all of the characters that I was using for that battle. This especially cripples my guild as my loss loses us points and perhaps our only chance to defeat whatever team I was going to face if it so happens that I was using the only team that could beat it.

When I play, 99% of the time I am about ten feet away from my router and I never lose internet connection with my phone. I have full bars the entire time. I don't have this issue with any other game that I play on my phone. It's very debilitating for SWGOH specifically.

As I said, I've been playing every day for a long time and the issue only cropped up several months ago. I'm on a Galaxy Note 5, fully updated, which I realize is fairly old now, but this is the only real issue I'm having on this phone right now

Message 1 of 1 (295 Views)