Random stuttering

by PandoTRF

Original Post

Random stuttering

★★★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Asus Strix GTX 1070 Ti (Stock)
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 DDR4 2666Mhz
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? All
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Always!
Summarize your bug Random stuttering not related to explosions. FPS drops from 110-120 to 80-90.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In my Video.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes for a half sec.
What should be happening instead? Smooth gameplay

Hi!

First of all, sorry for my English! Really! It's terrible.

So, It's hard to tell, but after the Furestorm update I experience massive stuttering. Sometimes happens often, sometimes rarely.

If I join in to a middle of a match, I get FPS drops more often but after a 1-2 minutes, the gameplay is almost smooth.

But when I join In to a match what just started, I get a few "mini-freezes" then the same happens. After 2-3-5-10 mins. I get some freezes again.

It's really annoying. I never had this problem before the update. I even have some Pre-update smooth gameplays.

So yeah... When I spawn, or just shooting, running, the "lag" happens. I see my Counter it's like a drop from 110-120 to 90-80.

I tried everything. Chatted 5 times with the support (Run the game as administrator etc etc...), lowered the graphics(High Dynamic range On off, future frame rendering etc.), DX12 On - Off, nVidia - Origin overlay On - Off, Driver rollback, windows update, nVidia control panel settings, cmd flushdns commands,

But... When I turn on the V-sync I think the game is smooth. But I get some input lag.

No malwares, no virus. The temps are fine, I have an i7 8700K (stock)

I know, you would say this is insignificant, but the FPS counter working fast I can't record the Shadowplay FPS counter.

And It's a "little" one, but sometimes these freezes are worse. I don't have some much time to record these freezes but you can see what I mean.

Ae.: The start of the video, and 0:15

VIDEO:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCm0eyohcEQ&feature=youtu.be

Sorry for my english again!

Message 1 of 18 (985 Views)

Re: Random stuttering

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

It's a known bug posted a few times already.

Message 2 of 18 (970 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Am I not the only one who has this problem?

Message 3 of 18 (964 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@PandoTRFNo - there are LOTS of people experiencing this. It's MOSTLY on PS4 but also on XBOX One and PC. The stuttering was introduced on April 30th update and then worsened on the May 23rd update.

Bug is like micro-lag / stuttering. It's a software/game issue and NOT your hardware or connection.

DICE/EA are aware of the issue and they're "investigating." No word on when we'll get a fix.

Message 4 of 18 (949 Views)

★★ Novice

the latest patch has caused some kind of bug i talked to support 3 times and they just gave same info to do

Message 5 of 18 (924 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thank you! I don't know hot it works, but I think I gave you some XP.

Message 6 of 18 (909 Views)

★ Guide

My friends and I all experience this shuttering on PC. We have Nvidia and AMD cards. The four of us haven't played BF nearly as much since this shuttering has started. The game isn't enjoyable with so much lag.

Message 7 of 18 (859 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey @StormtrooperDan  @PandoTRF  @DarkSoul3094  @Adman_Tor

We are looking in to stuttering issues with Battlefield V while it's not in this patch that was released today.

Here is our latest comment on it: 

Something that we wasn't able to work into this update was a resolution to the Stuttering issues encountered by Players. I chatted with the teams about this last week, and our Engineers believe that they're making good progress on the problem. We'll have more updates about this the instant that we can provide them. For now we just wanted to ensure that you understood that we view this as a High Priority for us to fix, but will not be addressed as a part of Update #5.

/Atic 

Message 8 of 18 (807 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Atic  написал (-а):

Hey @StormtrooperDan  @PandoTRF  @DarkSoul3094  @Adman_Tor

We are looking in to stuttering issues with Battlefield V while it's not in this patch that was released today.

Here is our latest comment on it: 

Something that we wasn't able to work into this update was a resolution to the Stuttering issues encountered by Players. I chatted with the teams about this last week, and our Engineers believe that they're making good progress on the problem. We'll have more updates about this the instant that we can provide them. For now we just wanted to ensure that you understood that we view this as a High Priority for us to fix, but will not be addressed as a part of Update #5.

/Atic 

What kind of priority is it, I'm sorry? The problem stretches from the release of the game!

Message 9 of 18 (785 Views)

EA DICE Team
The issue has a high priority for us @J0n1k69 I get that you want it fixed yesterday or was never there to begin with. We are working on it and we do understand the frustration with stuttering issues. 

/Atic 
Message 10 of 18 (756 Views)