Re: Random single/twice per game stutter in apex?3080 Tried drivers 457.51>46

by supermatze0202

Original Post

★ Guide
@supermatze0202 If not OC on RAM then I would not focus on that. Record frame times using CapFrameX first and see how does the plot really look like. Any driver can cause hiccups if it demands CPU time more than usual. Apex is also sensitive on network issues - short time packet loss can be felt as stuttering too.
Message 21 of 34 (717 Views)

★ Guide

"on one reddit post someone gave the following tip
Start Apex--> in the settings, change the Video Mode to "fullscreen borderless"--> start a regular game--> while flying out of the dropship go to the settings again-->"

You do it every round? or just once a sessionCoz I already tried 1 game and the next game still gave me the random stutter.

Message 22 of 34 (694 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@wiseolddude Mhm okay. In my case doing the steps only at the first match of a Session worked.
Message 23 of 34 (692 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Damn.What's annoying is I can tell whatever it is (be it ingame) or a process that whatever it is its the same thing EVERY time.I can tell from when it happens live on the frametime graph and it looks the same every time it happens on the graph.

Message 24 of 34 (681 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Had another thread on other forums just to get more ppl on the issue 

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/reported-dpc-routine-with-latest-nvidia-driver-460-89-on-3080-high...

Used windows performance toolkit and the culprit is either  the gpu driver,the game or both.

Message 25 of 34 (662 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@wiseolddudebut other people with a nvidia GPU don't have the Problem. It is weird. My possible solution switching from fullscreen to borderless Windows back to fullscreen did not work as intended.
Can you tell me the specs of your Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard?

Both your an my motherboard from Asus have a intel Network Chip. Maybe that is the problem 

Message 26 of 34 (637 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Search for stutter in reddit.Plenty of ppl have issues with this game.

As for my monitor=aoc g2460pg,keyboard=Ducky keyboard,mouse logitech g pro wired.

The software is literally telling what the issue is.It's the driver/game.I'm also willing to bet everyone gets something its just most ppl simply don't notice it.

It could also be a 3080 issue which most ppl don't have.(I've had ppl contact me reporting similar issues on their 3080s) so that could also be it.

Message 27 of 34 (628 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@wiseolddude Which Software do you mean?
I had these Problems also with a brand new 3060ti. Dont think that your 3080 is the source of the Problem?
Message 28 of 34 (609 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Have you fix this issue? Im having 2 spikes per game and in the graph it also shows like 1. I have a 2080ti Frown. Cant find a solution

Message 29 of 34 (498 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@GingIaahttps://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Anyone-getting-the-same-random-stutter-ingame-W-frametime... updated thread with all the stuff I tried.So far no fix.

Yo if any GM's sees this you can delete this thread.The other one that I linked is better with more information anyway.

Message 30 of 34 (489 Views)