Re: Random game crashing to desktop

by GhostDragon445

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
Bios is up to date, though I was informed that the latest windows has some issues with chipset drivers. I have been using the one from AMD but it seems there is an issue with the download for the one on Asus website for my maximus vi hero as I can't extract the zip unfortunately
Message 101 of 109 (1,919 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@GhostDragon445 After all the steps I posted I have both playing nice together now. On a side note I forgot to say this I run windows scans every few weeks and just did it 3 days ago no errors. But after I installed discord and had the 2 programs working / playing nice together  BFV acted up and the first windows scan I did found errors and repair game did installs both times so this is when I went to CC Cleaner and windows scans, I hope this is some help for you.

Edit... the other thing with Discord I do not allow it access to my games lol 

Message 102 of 109 (1,900 Views)

★ Guide
i have similar issue finally fix it with new installation of windows 10 17763.107 and block windows update and install driver nv 417.71.
you can get here this build as iso:
https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php
and upgrade in place current version of windows. remember after upgrade, block completely windows 10 update with applications like simplewall
Message 103 of 109 (1,892 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Huh, it would seem that doing these steps then disabling hardware acceleration within discord has rectified it for me. Many thanks, also glad it proves it's not my hardware issue!

Actually just crashed again, could be another of Asus programs causing issue this time though, going to uninstall them and see 

Message 104 of 109 (1,855 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@GhostDragon445 So what was the fix?

Message 105 of 109 (1,784 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Oh crap, I meant to mark your post as fix, not mine....

Fix was discord. Uninstalled the Asus quick charge app and then used ccleaner and all was good! 

Message 106 of 109 (1,778 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@GhostDragon445 That's ok I fixed it and happy it fixed it for you :]

Message 107 of 109 (1,768 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I also have this issue, sometimes it never shows up during a gaming session sometimes twice.

I do also have the Rampage V, but I dont belive that the correlation to crashing is significant with that.

It is strange that in my case also I did not see anything in the event viewer, it stutters, hangs and then I am on the desktop. No message or clue what so ever.

Message 108 of 109 (1,689 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately the issue returned and I ended up uninstalling the game. 

I have since built a new pc, New Motherboard, Cpu, cpu cooler and case. With the latest update i thought i might give it a chance again and alas the issue has returned, even with using the same settings as before. however this time the error is different 

Fault bucket 1680224510777447997, type 5
Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: bfv.exe
P2: 1.0.76.3273
P3: 10.0.18362.2.0.0
Message 109 of 109 (1,470 Views)