Re: Random crashes to desktop

by STOPchris

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

I've had DX12 disables and am still getting random disconnects and boots. Drivers totally updated and everything.

Message 231 of 266 (695 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Same issues.  Random crash to desktop.  Sound goes out.  Between matches it won't advance me to continue screen so I automatically spawn as Assault.  /sigh

i7-8700K

MB: Asus ROG Maximum X Hero

MSI GTX 1080 Ti

32 GB Ram

SSD: Samsung EVO 850 1 TB

DxDiag Included

Message 232 of 266 (686 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Ok, now game crashes even on campaght Frown
Message 233 of 266 (655 Views)

★ Novice

yep same symptons - high end PC running 1080gtx with loads of RAM - never had problems before this patch or "DLC season"

Will try the directx option and advise

Message 234 of 266 (781 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i am having the same problems. Random crashes to desktop. Game sometimes just freezes. Often  don't get the continue button after a match etc. 

Message 235 of 266 (763 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Pretty pitiful that this game has had crashing issues since launch and they continue to fail at resolving them. 

Message 236 of 266 (747 Views)

★★ Novice

Anyone found a fix?

Message 237 of 266 (702 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Disabling DX12 did fix the problem for the time being it seems for me at least.

But then I ended up having quite a few end of matches where the top player wasn't shown, after disabling dx12. Prob not related but didn't have the problem still I disabled it. Would repeatedly just show as ''no data, match already over''. Even though my connection and everything else was good.

Message 238 of 266 (696 Views)

★ Novice

Trying to come back to the game after a long break and I crash between matches pretty regularly now. 18.2.1 AMD drivers, RX 480 card, no other issues with games or hardware. Don't have DX12 enabled because that caused crashes way back when.

I will try troubleshooting and/or waiting for patches but I don't think I'll try *that* hard given that the developers don't seem to be trying too hard to keep the game stable.

Message 239 of 266 (683 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

If you still have this issue, I finally managed to fix it.

Go to C:\Users\YOURCOMPUTERNAME\Documents\STAR WARS Battlefront II and delete all the files here.

Change the path with your computer name and eventually the correct drive location (d: instead of c: for example)

You can copy all the content in the folder for backup just in case.

Once all the content deleted, open Origin, right click on the game and choose repair.

It'll repair the game & reset your in game settings.

I did this last night and played a couple of hours with zero crash.

Message 240 of 266 (669 Views)