Random Packet loss and High Ping

by Abanutoe

Original Post

Random Packet loss and High Ping

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I played Apex since Season 4 and it runs completely fine until season 7. And since the start of Season 7, I change my launcher from Origin to Steam, and every match I have a chance to get Packet Loss or high ping. If a certain match comes with the 10% packet loss while still on the dropship, it will continue to grow to 35% or 50% and lag the whole match. And if the match doesn't have Packet loss, I get high ping whenever enemies are close. And if I drop to the place with many enemies, I will get high ping ranging from 100 to 200 and lag unplayably. But if I survive through that and go to the place where no one is around the get the normal ping of ~58 and doesn't lag anymore. (I encounter all these only on Season 7)

Also, I used a cable to connect the router and my PC. And no Internet drop on the speed test or other game that required Internet. 

Edited: I didn't get this problem since the start of season 7. It started the second split of Season 7. 

Update: It does not happen on the first day of season 8 but the problem continues after the first day. 

Message 1 of 2 (285 Views)

Re: Random Packet loss and High Ping

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Abanutoethis happened to me yesterday in training mode.. you see the ping going up and down.. i cant say if its because of steam but most likely not because i went to a website to test apex server ping and it had the same fluctuations going up to 400 ping

apex ping.png

Message 2 of 2 (266 Views)