Random Loss Rounds (BR and Arenas)

by Impuppy

Original Post

Random Loss Rounds (BR and Arenas)

★ Novice

Hey guys, 

since I started playing Apex 2 seasons ago, I am always encountering random rounds with loss. Battle Royale has the biggest issue, and it occurs way more, than in Arenas. (Ranked and Unranked)

After the round with loss is over, I even need to restart Apex, because I can't get back to the lobby and would have to wait many minutes for a server error code.

I tried using different DNS and have gone through different official EA attempts for fixing connections. 

My internet connection is stable, fast enough, and I am connected via LAN. 

Hope anybody can explain, why this is happening and maybe even how to fix it.

Thank you very much. 

Jonny

Message 1 of 8 (278 Views)

Re: Random Loss Rounds (BR and Arenas)

Community Manager
@Impuppy Just for clarity, on Arenas are you winning and being given a loss? And in BR do you mean you're winning a game and it gives you a position other than No.1?

What error code do you get when trying to return to the lobby? Also, do you have any option to use another conneciton as a test?
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 8 (242 Views)

★ Novice

Hey David, 

its not about winning or losing. Its about the connection to the server. The loss, which is displayed in the top right corner. :D

Thanks

Message 3 of 8 (235 Views)

Community Manager
Ah, that clears things up a bit. Just for my own notes, can I check your region and ISP?
I'll take it that you don't have the option to use a different connection? Also it's worth checking if changing your data center (you can do this from the login page) makes any difference, if you didn't try this already.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 8 (222 Views)

★ Novice

My region is Germany and the server is "Frankfurt 1". I changed to Frankfurt 2 or some others too, but nothing changed. I actually moved some weeks ago and the problem still occurs and did not change. 

Message 5 of 8 (206 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Impuppy If you try a US or other datacenter do you still experience the packet loss?

Did you stay with the same ISP or change when you made the move? Also, it may be a factor, Germany's a big place, was it a big move or a small one (such as within the same town)?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 8 (176 Views)

★ Novice

Hey hey, the move was in the same town, same provider. But I tried playing via my smartphone mobile data (another isp), but the problem still occurs.  

What do you exactly mean with datacenter? In the Apex startscreen, the server settings? I will try US and keep you updated.

Message 7 of 8 (166 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_David unfortunately, it did not help. But a friend of mine got the same issue and is telling me, that the servers are overloaded, whenever someone has loss. It that true?
Hope you got another tipp?
Message 8 of 8 (123 Views)