Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: RTX dlss can not be turned on

by metaldevil61

Original Post

Accepted Solution

RTX dlss can not be turned on

★★★★ Novice

I can't turn on dlss in Anthem running on a rtx 2060.

Message 1 of 10 (605 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Vynos: No one is withholding this information. I googled "anthem nvidia dlss," and the first link to nvidia's site leads you to the right place.

From nvidia:
DLSS helps the most when the GPU is under maximum load and is available for the following settings:

3840x2160: All GeForce RTX GPUs
2560x1440: GeForce RTX 2060, RTX 2070, RTX 2080

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/anthem-nvidia-dlss-highlights/

Edit: If anyone is running Anthem on Windows 7, the DLSS option in the Display Settings menu will not be there.

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (570 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Dakanii To enable DLSS, you’ll need to download the Game Ready driver and your PC must have the latest Windows 10 updates installed.

If it's not enabled after that, please let me know so we can take a look. 

-EA_Cade
Message 2 of 10 (600 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just at work ill try when I get home, thanks.

Message 3 of 10 (593 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Doesn't work for me either. What no one is telling you is that for some reason the DLSS feature isn't available on 1080p displays. Good luck finding that info though because it's not like Nvidia or EA shouts out that a key feature of the RTX cards isn't supported on the most widespread resolution for gamers. 

Message 4 of 10 (587 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Not working for me on a 2070 with the latest updates

EDIT: after looking around the forums some more, it appears u can only enable DLSS is you are on a 4k resolution.

Message 5 of 10 (585 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Vynos: No one is withholding this information. I googled "anthem nvidia dlss," and the first link to nvidia's site leads you to the right place.

From nvidia:
DLSS helps the most when the GPU is under maximum load and is available for the following settings:

3840x2160: All GeForce RTX GPUs
2560x1440: GeForce RTX 2060, RTX 2070, RTX 2080

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/anthem-nvidia-dlss-highlights/

Edit: If anyone is running Anthem on Windows 7, the DLSS option in the Display Settings menu will not be there.

Message 6 of 10 (571 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Tell me pls is that problem coz we use 3440x1440 resolution? Coz i have all new updates + RTX 2080 Ti. And playing on 3440x1440 resolution.
Message 7 of 10 (538 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I have i9-9900k cpu, rtx 2080 ti OC and Dell 27 inch 144mhz 1m response G-sync 2560x1440 (2K) monitor...

Is there a reason why my Anthem setting has DLSS grayed out? I have all the latest updates...

Is it only for 4K players? Oops

Message 8 of 10 (498 Views)

★★★★ Novice
At me, 2060 rtx, last drivers, full hd. Also dlss does not work
Message 9 of 10 (414 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

@xAleXsiMuSx wrote:

Hello, I have i9-9900k cpu, rtx 2080 ti OC and Dell 27 inch 144mhz 1m response G-sync 2560x1440 (2K) monitor...

Is there a reason why my Anthem setting has DLSS grayed out? I have all the latest updates...

Is it only for 4K players? Oops

DLSS apparently adds a lot of latency to framerate production, and once you get to a certain FPS (somewhere in the 90-100fps supposedly), will make gameplay worse. Nvidia in their wisdom has locked DLSS to specific resolutions on specific cards - and only standard resolutions - due to this. If you have an ultrawide monitor there is absolutely NO DLSS for you! If you run at 1080p also there is NO DLSS for you!!

For those who are unaware - DLSS actually reduces picture quality while increasing framerate. If you are getting a solid 60 fps+ at your desired resolution do not turn DLSS on as you are essentially losing graphic fidelity for the extra frames.

Message 10 of 10 (406 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help