RGB Fusion Software Triggering Anti-Cheat

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Geforce GTX 950
Enter RAM memory size in GB DDR4 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? qtYami
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Lobby
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Running the game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? None
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Constant
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Anti-Cheat being triggered by GIGABYTE's RGB Fusion Software. Causes the game to crash when loading into the lobby, or crashes with attempting to launch a game; training or otherwise.
What should be happening instead? Anti-Cheat should not be triggered by RGB controlling software. (I don't know if any other RGB software causes issues, other than RGB Fusion.)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you also have this issue, only solution I've found is to open task manager, and force-close every RGB fusion instance.

This needs to be fixed ASAP; as it's quite a hassle to seamlessly enjoy Apex Legends when it crashes near instantly every time the game is loaded with RGB Fusion on, while no other games I've found detect the RGB software as malicious. 

I've already submitted a ticket along with this post, but still posting it here anyway.

Message 1 of 13 (13,925 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: RGB Fusion Software Triggering Anti-Cheat

★★★ Newbie
"only solution I've found is to open task manager, and force-close every RGB fusion instance"

Exactly this. Easycheat recognises it as running outside of Windows, and thus blocks you from logging in

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (13,865 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
"only solution I've found is to open task manager, and force-close every RGB fusion instance"

Exactly this. Easycheat recognises it as running outside of Windows, and thus blocks you from logging in
Message 2 of 13 (13,866 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have had this issue with EasyCheat running Fortnite in the past, I just uninstalled RGB fusion to keep it from happening. Unfortunately If you open up the Aorus engine again it will re-install it.  You can also try disabling it in your start up items. 

Message 3 of 13 (13,859 Views)

★★★ Newbie

They honestly need to fix this, my RGB software shouldn't trigger the Anti-Cheat. It's a stupid bug and it's really annoying to have to disable it every time I want to play.

Message 4 of 13 (13,729 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I agree. The solution I got from support was to not have it run in the background. How about you fix your software instead, EA?

Message 5 of 13 (13,389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

so either i let my rgb lights run a muck or i dont play apex? ... i like the game but NOT ENOUGH TO LOOSE THE LIGHTS. ive spent too much money on my pc to do so. HOW ABOUT U FIX THIS EA?? PLEASE !!!!

Message 6 of 13 (12,839 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

We encourage reaching out to Easy Anti-Cheat Support about how this software is conflicting with their anti-cheat program for Apex Legends. 

https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/contact/tech/

*Marking this post as a solution so players are aware of the workaround to help get into the game. This does not mean it's been fixed but helps improve search results for those looking for help*

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 13 (12,817 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

What solution are you providing?

Removing the application is not a solution.

Please update your software to realize this is not a cheat.

Message 8 of 13 (10,763 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Message 9 of 13 (10,500 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@AFDK-Orion lol he's telling you it's an anti-cheat issue, not an EA apex legends issue. He even provided a link, but I, and everyone else, is too lazy to click it and complain to the proper developers.
Message 10 of 13 (10,252 Views)