Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Quest "Task: Nomad Shield Crafting" (Voeld) cannot be completed

★★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Standard Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug The quest "Task: Nomad Shield Crafting" cannot be completed when the Improved Shield Regeneration upgrade is already installed prior to first landing on Voeld. In this instance, the upgrade was bought prior to landing on Voeld (and receiving the quest), but installation of the new upgrade by entering the Nomad was only done after receiving the quest. The already developed upgrade appears again for development at the research terminal, but cannot be developed again.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Please select your region Europe
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Encountered behaviour / steps to reproduce: 1. Before landing on Voeld for the first time, develop "Improved Shield Regeneration" upgrade for the Nomad from the Tempest research station. 2. Land on Voeld for the first time, accept quest "Task: Nomad Shield Crafting". 3. Call Nomad at forward point, enter to confirm newly installed upgrade popup. 4. Access nearest research station: "Improved Shield Regeneration" is accessible again for development, but cannot be developed and stays in the list. The quest cannot be completed. Expected behaviour: 1. Quest should complete if the upgrade has already been researched/developed prior to the quest. 2. "Improved Shield Regeneration" should not appear at the research terminal again once already developed.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Please enter memory size in GB.

The quest "Task: Nomad Shield Crafting" cannot be completed when the Improved Shield Regeneration upgrade is already installed prior to first landing on Voeld. In this instance, the upgrade was bought prior to landing on Voeld (and receiving the quest), but installation of the new upgrade by entering the Nomad was only done after receiving the quest.

The already developed upgrade appears again for development at the research terminal, but cannot be developed again.

Encountered behaviour / steps to reproduce:

1. Before landing on Voeld for the first time, develop "Improved Shield Regeneration" upgrade for the Nomad from the Tempest research station.

2. Land on Voeld for the first time, accept quest "Task: Nomad Shield Crafting".

3. Call Nomad at forward point, enter to confirm newly installed upgrade popup.

4. Access nearest research station: "Improved Shield Regeneration" is accessible again for development, but cannot be developed and stays in the list. The quest cannot be completed.

Expected behaviour:

1. Quest should complete if the upgrade has already been researched/developed prior to the quest.

2. "Improved Shield Regeneration" should not appear at the research terminal again once already developed.

Message 1 of 47 (10,618 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Quest "Task: Nomad Shield Crafting" (Voeld) cannot be completed

Community Manager (retired)

Hello fellow Pathfinders,

the long awaited hot fix went live and it should fix this issue. See full notes here.

Important for this quest: Please travel back to the Tempest in order to trigger completion.

If the issue should persist after the fix was installed, please let me know below - feel free to post if the issue was fixed for you as well.

Have a great day!

- Joker

View in thread

Message 40 of 47 (3,695 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

This has happened to me on the Xbox One as well. I upgraded before receiving the quest and now it's stuck in my list, I was hoping a more advanced upgrade my complete it but I have yet to find one.

Message 2 of 47 (10,077 Views)

★★★★ Novice
This occured for me on my second play through on PC. Already have the upgrade but the quest does not recognize this nor will it let me go through the motions to upgrade it again.
Message 3 of 47 (10,068 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I read about this problem and tried an older save where the Nomad upgrade was not developed yet.

But even after i got the quest and developed the upgrade then, the quest was not completed.

Message 4 of 47 (9,920 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just encountered this too as well.

Message 5 of 47 (9,685 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I got a similar bug.

I actually didnt craft any upgrades for the Normad until late in the game.. 

On a return trip to Eos very close to the ending, i then decided to just craft everything at once. (I did have the Quest at that point).

And while i was able to craft everything - the Quest for the Normad Shield did not get completed. 

Kinda sucks because i cant get 100% completion now Confused

Good thing i wanted to do a NewGame+ playthrough anyway. Just hope the bug is patched by then. Standard smile

Message 6 of 47 (9,633 Views)

★ Apprentice

The quest complete marker doesnt trigger, same for the 'craft pathfinder chest piece' quest too.

Message 7 of 47 (9,544 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem. The button to interact didn't pop up. Went to the next marker. That one did work, until the marker never went away again. This whole quest is buggy as *. Please patch it.

Message 8 of 47 (9,434 Views)

★ Apprentice

come to think of it theres allot in the 'additional quests' section of the journal that doesnt complete when the objective is finished...i personally think the entire menu needs a redesign...it isnt logical or easy to navigate at all, especially the journal!

Message 9 of 47 (9,404 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This has occurred with my playthrough.  Specs are PC, digital install, Collector's Ed., and the quest doesn't change to Completed after I construct the mod for the Nomad.

Message 10 of 47 (9,329 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help