PvZ Garden Warfare 2 Won't Launch PC

by Dolphin486

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PvZ Garden Warfare 2 Won't Launch PC

★★ Novice

I just reinstalled the free trail for PvZ Garden Warfare 2. I tried it on my laptop(i3, 8GB RAM) last month, and it worked. I installed it on my new gaming PC, and it didn't work. Origin will close for a second and reopen. Nothing shows up in task manager. I've tried performing a clean boot, reinstalling, repairing the game files, and disabling origin in-game. Nothing. Here are my specifications:

Windows 10 Home

Intel Pentium G4560 @ 3.50 GHz

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 TI

16 GB of RAM.

Message 1 of 27 (10,645 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PvZ Garden Warfare 2 Won't Launch PC

★★ Novice
Looks like it was a problem with the 10 hours test. Bouhgt the game and lauched OK. Then I got a refound for the game because there is no split screen on PC version.

View in thread

Message 12 of 27 (13,581 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Dolphin486 Hey, can you post your full dxdiag? It should have some more info which will hopefully help with figuring out what's going wrong here. 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 27 (10,598 Views)

★★ Novice

Here is my dxdiag

Message 3 of 27 (10,586 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thank you, unfortuantely there's not a lot jumping out. There are newer graphics card drivers available, but the ones you have should be fine for GW2.

I do notice some crash reports for other games like TF|2 and PUBG, do these games launch/do you have issues with them?

As for fixing this, can you try restarting with a Clean Boot and see if anything changes?

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 27 (10,572 Views)

★★ Novice

The last time I played PUBG and TF2, I didn't have any problems. I tried performing a clean boot last week, and it didn't work. However, I will try it again.

Message 5 of 27 (10,563 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the extra info. If the Clean Boot has no effect, can you try opening your reliability monitor and see if there's an entry for GW2?

To check this press the Windows Key and S, and type "reliability". An option should appear to "View Reliability History" and you can check this for crash/error reports. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 27 (10,560 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I tried performing a clean boot again and there was no effect. I checked my reliability history. There was an error, but it was from my computer being shut off unexpectedly from a power outage yesterday.

Message 7 of 27 (10,539 Views)

Community Manager

@Dolphin486 Thank you. Can you go to My Documents/Plants vs Zombies GW2\settings and delete the settings file you find there?

If this has no effect, can you try temporarily disabling your anti-virus as a test? It shouldn't happen, but sometimes this can block Origin from properly opening the game. 

Thank you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 27 (10,484 Views)

★★ Novice

There is no folder for PvZ Garden Warfare 2, but a folder for my other origin games. I'm guessing it's because I was never able to launch it on my current PC. As for my anti-virus, I made an exclusion for the EA Origin and Origin games folder. Still no luck.

Message 9 of 27 (10,476 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem here, the game wont start. Tried all the above.

Message 10 of 27 (10,403 Views)