Re: PvZ GW2 - Keyboard and Mouse are not responding

by Rhendyr

Original Post

★★ Guide

Silent, start the game, alt+tab out, right click the Start in the bottom right hand corner, select Device Manager. Then select Display Adapter, then open the video card there that is the 'real' video card. At that point, go back in game, and let me know if it caused your keyboard/mouse to start responding. This has worked for me and others. 

Message 11 of 42 (8,229 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Gorath, ok that could be my problem as i have an odd 745m :/ but the game does run. just this keyboard mouse thing not working.

Message 12 of 42 (8,215 Views)

★★★★ Novice

rhendyr, i will try this when i try to play again later today. and respond again if it worked Standard smile 

Message 13 of 42 (8,214 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Overall slowness that results in the mouse and keyboard response rate too slow may not have just the video system to blame.  There is a relatively small difference for the 745m when it is compared to the minimum, GT 640 (desktop).  Have you provided a CPU ID and Turbo Speed applicable to it yet? 

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GT-745M-vs-GeForce-GT-640

Message 14 of 42 (8,205 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Gorath, so is it the speed of my gpu then. so i would just have to wait a while for it to catch up and recognize keyboard/mouse?

Message 15 of 42 (8,195 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Rhendyr, i think that actually worked. Standard smile thanks. i'll keep trying it each time i play and if it doesn't work i'll let you know. THANK YOU very much Standard smile

Message 16 of 42 (8,196 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah, I have to do this EVERY time I start the game. I'm not sure the technical reasons behind it, but there seems to be some kind of failure between the games coding and video cards when dual cards are detected (most laptops).

Some would blame it on video drivers or hardware and such, but it doesn't happen on other games that have higher minimum requirements to run, which would lead me to believe it's actually a failing on the games part rather than our drivers/hardware.

Message 17 of 42 (8,187 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I tried your "trick" for the first time and it worked. After I closed the game and it didn't work anymore. I tried this trick a couple times and yet it doesn't work. It's so strange that I got it to work 1 single time and after that I didn't work anymore, kinda sad Frown

Message 18 of 42 (8,167 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@SilentKaliSmoker

We see this kind of error when the game is trying to outrun the system, and simply cannot recognize the signals it's getting from the input hardware.  It's most common when the video device is an Intel IGP chip, not a real video card.  That's not your case (and your video is really close to equivalent to the minimum), so I was making an educated guess that CPU speed might be involved in some cases. 

Message 19 of 42 (8,163 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Gorath_the_Elder

ahhh ok. Standard smile 

well my CPU is an intel i7-4500U 4th gen. 

Message 20 of 42 (8,153 Views)