PvZ BFN Crashing every 10-30 minutes

by SebinkaTV

Original Post

PvZ BFN Crashing every 10-30 minutes

★ Novice

The day after I got the game, my game started crashing every few minutes. After I play 1-2 turf takeover matches, it crashed or after I enter the campaign mode for the plants, it seems to crash even sooner, maybe 10 minutes. It stopped crashing till yesterday when I played for the entire game and only closed my game twice to go and eat and to log off. But today it seems to start crashing again. Every time I load up the campaign mode, it crashes after a minute or 2 into the game and it seems the time for my game to crash seems to get shorter and shorter the more i reopen my game after it crashes. Please tell me if this is a computer problem or a server problem. I have been scrolling through tons of reddit posts and EA Answers HQ's and have not found a single person talking about this. I really hope this is just a server problem.

(The game runs smoothly, too, only seeming to lag when I enter a group of a lot of 8 or more people in multiplayer)

Message 1 of 10 (3,310 Views)

Re: PvZ BFN Crashing every 10-30 minutes

Hero (Retired)

Hey @SebinkaTV

Thanks for all the information you've provided.

Are you playing on PC?

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate

★ Novice
Yeah, I'm on PC
Message 3 of 10 (3,242 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. Play one turf game then the next game I get frozen screen with the sound of death. Gotta restart my computer to get out of it. I know it's not my computer, I can play the most demanding games at highest settings and get 70+ fps np.

I tried @iluminatethesky suggested fix for the problem of the game crashing at start up and it did nothing, I also disabled hdr thinking it maybe had something to do with it.

Hope we can get some help as the game is basically unplayable for me like this

Message 4 of 10 (3,220 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SebinkaTV @DrSloppySauce

May I ask what steps you've tried to resolve this issue?

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for responding @iluminatethesky. this is what you suggested as a fix for another issue that I thought might apply for our problem.

to hear about this issue you're experiencing.

Can you please try these steps as well?

1. Disable Origin in-game Overlay

2. Run Origin and PvZ as Administrator

3. Clear Origin Cache: 

4. Uninstall/Reinstall Origin: 

5. Disable Background Apps: 

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate

I also disabled in game overlay again after these steps didn't work.

I have also decreased the overall demand of the game like graphics and such.

Thanks 

Message 6 of 10 (3,189 Views)

★ Novice
@DrSloppySauce You seem to have a slightly different problem than me and not as severe as me but they are pretty similar. It has to be 100% the games fault. I just hope they fix it soon because I want to get a head start of everyone else with the founders edition
Message 7 of 10 (3,175 Views)

Extreme "Rubber band" lag and computer crashes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just bought the game, fresh install on my PC. 
I already updated my graphic drivers to my latest, and for any other game I played my connection is perfectly fine.

And yet, I'm getting extreme "rubber band" lag to the point where the game is literally unplayable right from the first moment I click "play".

Not only that, after a few minutes into me launching the game, my computer just crashes?
I do want to mention I have a decent graphics card and a good CPU (CPU: i7 - 7700k 4.2 GHZ and a GTX 960 Graphics Card so this can't be the problem), also the game itself runs smoothly with 60 FPS.

HELP?

Message 8 of 10 (3,204 Views)

Re: Extreme "Rubber band" lag and computer crashes

Community Manager

@Duckrel  @SebinkaTV 

Would you be able to attach a DxDiag so we can take a quick look at your system specs? Let's see what we can do to help keep you in Neighborville. Thumbs up

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 10 (3,149 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SebinkaTV now in 2021 just buy the game and the deluxe version for 24.99.

Message 10 of 10 (2,333 Views)