Re: Purple/green screen flickering randomly

by 2042isNotBF

Original Post

★ Apprentice
Discord overlay was on and I re-checked all the settings (they were reseted indeed).

I'll test today, let's see.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
Message 11 of 18 (739 Views)

★ Apprentice
Well, around 5 mins into the game it did it again on the main menu. I did put the settings back to Ultra to test. I'll put them back to medium/low and check
Message 12 of 18 (729 Views)

★ Apprentice
Same thing, flickers randomly, however, way less frequent with graphics on medium
Message 13 of 18 (724 Views)

★ Apprentice

Installed latest NVIDIA drivers, reinstalled the game and still happening. I did notice that it happens way less with the setting "FX Amount" in Low, it happens quite a lot if I set that to Ultra.

Any ideas @2042isNotBF?

Message 14 of 18 (678 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@solraac10  Just now nothing off the top of my head as I cant get into game to test things out other then stay on low for now :/ . Sorry I got a bad MB out of the box so was not expecting this build to go on this long, sorry I have been AFK had to do mega testing on the MB before I put / send it in for a RMA on it.

Don't reinstall the game no need this is fully a setting as far as I can see Most you should do is remove BFV settings in my documents folder as this is all your settings in game.I always tell ppl put in on desktop in-case its not the issue Even when you remove and reinstall the game it does NOT remove the my documents BFV settings folder :] But every setting and game intro has to be redone so its a pain but faster then a reinstall of the game.

I would just check NVIDIA desktop settings make sure its still on performance. As well as recheck all in game settings. Truth be told I hate up dates on EA games as some always seem to take away settings more then once :/  I know when I put Origin and my back up of BFV back on my  SSD I am in for a war with both as Origin Loves to change my settings on a new install for about a week even tho I install Origin as Admin. If you have a external drive to store a back up of games on I can give you my steps to save games so its not such a pain to d/l them. And if you want to remove the solution on this post its ok as we only have it half fixed since the update. EDIT.. or just tell me and I can remove the solution not a big deal to me :} Edit 2 ... Make sure Discord overlay is OFF it just makes issues when the silly thing is on.

Message 15 of 18 (664 Views)

★ Apprentice
@2042isNotBF

Yeah, I did remove the settings folder completely while I reinstalled the game, however, it flicker after that (this was a few days ago). I've been played since then and I did not flicker the days after that one, not sure what was causing it as I didn't touch the settings since the last time it flickered (when I reinstalled and remove the settings folder). I also had the Discord and Origin overlay disabled since the first time you suggested that, NVIDIA settings are set exactly how you suggested (set them back to the suggested settings by you when I reinstalled the NVIDIA drivers).

Let's see if I keep encountering it, however, so far so good!

PS: The game stopped flickering before the in-game UI update yesterday or the day before, so I don't think that influenced it.
Message 16 of 18 (636 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Quick update, it seems that it only happens now on snowy maps (Narvik and Fjell 652) specially when the storm comes

Message 17 of 18 (623 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@solraac10  For me on my new PC I have found the same issues in BFV  after the last update I have been testing it with different video card drivers and this seems to come into play a bit so far. My settings are on low as my screen is a Samsung 49" CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor 144Hrz 1ms and I want the most FPS I can pull off. Strange part is its not doing it on my old rig just my new build.

Message 18 of 18 (599 Views)