Re: Purple/green screen flickering randomly

by TrunkzJr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Purple/green screen flickering randomly

★ Apprentice

Hello everyone,

I've posted on the bug report subforum but no one is replying.

Anyone has an idea as to why this happens?

Full details can be found on the other post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Purple-green-screen-flickering-in-main-menu/m-p/7431813

Message 1 of 18 (4,854 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

@solraac10 Well good it is not doing it in game just the menu, the most I can think of the second is try lowing some video card settings in game just to see if it will fix the menu. Other then this make sure your screen res and  screen Hrz are set the same on desktop and in game. As well as on desk top do this if you have a NVIDIA video card try this and it will give you more FPS in BFV not the issue but still worth a shot  ...

First step open NVIDIA Control panel under 3D settings go to Adjust image settings with preview

Pick use my preference and set it to performance and hit apply.

Next in Nvidia control panel go to .. manage 3D settings add BFV and make sure this in in place....

BATTLEFIELD V NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL SETTINGS:

Anistropic filtering: Off
Antialiasing – FXAA: Off
Antialiasing – Gamma correction: Off
Antialiasing – Mode: Off
Antialiasing – Setting: None
Antialiasing – Transparency: Off
Maximum pre-rendered frames: 1
Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance
Shader Cache: On
Texture filtering – Anistropic sample option: Off
Texture filtering – Negative LOD bias: Allow
Texture filtering – Quality: High performance
Texture filtering – Trilinear optimization: Off
Threaded optimization: ON
Triple buffering: Off
Vertical sync: Off

For Origin turn off cloud storage and turn off origin in game.

Next step in game video settings advanced .....

Make sure frame rate limiter is set to 200

future frame rendering- off --you can put this on for a few fps but you will get input lag and makes it more harsh to get a kill.

vertical sync- off

GPU memory restriction- off

Below set everything to custom med or low <--I use low as I want FPS over eye candy.

Under video Basic ....

motion blur set to 0

To see fps in game with no typing do this....

To see FPS in game with out fraps etc:
1- open note pad
2-put this in the note pad.....

perfoverlay.drawfps 1

Perfoverlay.fpsdisplayscale 4 <<< this can change to 3 or 2 or 1 depending how big or small you want it. 4 is large.
3-when you make the user.cfg in notepad,change the file type from text to all. And name it user.cfg
4-Put in .....:\Program Files\Origin Games\Battlefield 5
5-Also close Origin to put cfg in just to be safe :}
6-You will see your FPS in top right of screen when you start BFV

NOTE... this works for BF1 as well

View in thread

Message 5 of 18 (4,799 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@solraac10 Give this a try turn OFF GPU memory restriction as this sec by the picture in other topic you are restricting your GPU with it on and this could be the reason for the flickering.

Message 2 of 18 (4,836 Views)

★ Apprentice
Alright! Thanks for the suggestion, will try that ASAP and play for a bit to see if it happens
Message 3 of 18 (4,830 Views)

★ Apprentice
@2042isNotBF Sadly, it is still flickering some times with the option turned off. It only flickered in the main menu while checking assignments and the armory, didn't do it in game Frown

If you have any ideas I will test them. I think this is related to the game as I played games like Battlefield 1, Battlefront 2, Anthem Beta, PUBG, Destiny 2, Overwatch, Black Ops 4, Shadow of War, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and none of them showed this issue
Message 4 of 18 (4,818 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@solraac10 Well good it is not doing it in game just the menu, the most I can think of the second is try lowing some video card settings in game just to see if it will fix the menu. Other then this make sure your screen res and  screen Hrz are set the same on desktop and in game. As well as on desk top do this if you have a NVIDIA video card try this and it will give you more FPS in BFV not the issue but still worth a shot  ...

First step open NVIDIA Control panel under 3D settings go to Adjust image settings with preview

Pick use my preference and set it to performance and hit apply.

Next in Nvidia control panel go to .. manage 3D settings add BFV and make sure this in in place....

BATTLEFIELD V NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL SETTINGS:

Anistropic filtering: Off
Antialiasing – FXAA: Off
Antialiasing – Gamma correction: Off
Antialiasing – Mode: Off
Antialiasing – Setting: None
Antialiasing – Transparency: Off
Maximum pre-rendered frames: 1
Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance
Shader Cache: On
Texture filtering – Anistropic sample option: Off
Texture filtering – Negative LOD bias: Allow
Texture filtering – Quality: High performance
Texture filtering – Trilinear optimization: Off
Threaded optimization: ON
Triple buffering: Off
Vertical sync: Off

For Origin turn off cloud storage and turn off origin in game.

Next step in game video settings advanced .....

Make sure frame rate limiter is set to 200

future frame rendering- off --you can put this on for a few fps but you will get input lag and makes it more harsh to get a kill.

vertical sync- off

GPU memory restriction- off

Below set everything to custom med or low <--I use low as I want FPS over eye candy.

Under video Basic ....

motion blur set to 0

To see fps in game with no typing do this....

To see FPS in game with out fraps etc:
1- open note pad
2-put this in the note pad.....

perfoverlay.drawfps 1

Perfoverlay.fpsdisplayscale 4 <<< this can change to 3 or 2 or 1 depending how big or small you want it. 4 is large.
3-when you make the user.cfg in notepad,change the file type from text to all. And name it user.cfg
4-Put in .....:\Program Files\Origin Games\Battlefield 5
5-Also close Origin to put cfg in just to be safe :}
6-You will see your FPS in top right of screen when you start BFV

NOTE... this works for BF1 as well

Message 5 of 18 (4,800 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@2042isNotBF So... I modified all the settings as you advised (I would show NVIDIA Control Panel but they are in Spanish). Find attached the in-game advanced settings with Motion Blur 0%, Future Frame Rendering OFF, Vsync OFF and GPU memory restriction OFF.

I have played around 40 mins and also tinkered a bit through the menu trying to force the game to flicker, however, it did not flicker at all! Not even on the main menu.

I will update the case when I play more if it keeps happening. Would you have any insight on which particular setting could cause this?

Thanks a lot! It was driving me crazy as I thought it was the GPU when I first encountered it...

Message 6 of 18 (4,783 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

Thanks for the fix!

Message 7 of 18 (4,770 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@solraac10  @TrunkzJr Happy to help I marked it as solved.

Message 8 of 18 (4,762 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey all,

Sadly the flickering came back yesterday even in-game (played the game after the update yesterday) Frown I also reinstalled the game for the 3rd time as well.

I always play the game with Discord (sometimes open, sometimes closed) and Origin obviously, the rest of the softwares are closed.

Any other ideas? 

Message 9 of 18 (4,725 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@solraac10  Recheck all settings I gave you and make sure discord overlay is off. I find settings change after game update at times in game :/ As well as check desktop settings for video card as NVIDIA control panel setting reset at each launch since new update 1.09 I was told not sure as I cant test as I took down my BFv yesterday due to building new rig today.

Message 10 of 18 (4,721 Views)