Purchased the game on Steam, cannot see it in EA App.

by oXo_SilO_oXo

Original Post

Purchased the game on Steam, cannot see it in EA App.

★★★ Novice

Hello,

I have a weird issue, that I saw some other people are having on 3rd party platforms (Steam, Epic).

I bought the EA Play subscription in December and played the Trial. The game worked flawlessly, and after it expired, on Jan 4th I bought the game on Steam.
Since I bought it I cannot launch it. I have the following error: "You don't have access. This title may have been downloaded to your device by another user who owns the game. Log in to a different account or restart the app to try again."(screenshot attached).If I press Get The Game it shows 404 Something went wrong, On Origin it directed me to Steam where I obviously already owned the game. I have it in my steam library, but my EA App only shows an expired Trial. Nobody else uses this PC and no other EA account was present.

I have had many conversations with EA Help advisors, and they tell me I do not have the game on EA in any capacity. Even though I bought it on Steam. I must have some kind o ownership.
I spoke with Steam they told me that there is nothing they could do about it, and I spoke to EA and they tell me that I should speak to Steam. A weird and stupid problem.
On the last conversation I had with EA Help, they told me that speaking to the field engineer team that they can only help with "in-game content", that they didn't deal in a "game missing" before.

Message 1 of 2 (2,805 Views)

Re: Purchased the game on Steam, cannot see it in EA App.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

UPDATE: I have bought another month of EA Play on Steam and now the Game finely appears in my EA App. Not as a Trial, as the game on Steam.

I cannot launch it though. Once I launch it from Steam/Ea App the EA App opens and closes and nothing happens.

I've performed both a Clean Boot and a Windows SFC

UPDATE 2:
I've found a fix. Did not replicate it.

What I did:
1. Install Origin (it works if you still have EA App on your PC) You can find it easily on the internet.

2. Move the save data. As if you deleted it, but you simply move it to another folder.

3. Restart my router. Yes, I have a wired connection from my router. And I simply turned it off and turned it back on again.

4. Start the game from Origin. It will prompt you a choice in saves. I selected "Use Cloud Saves"

5. If you still have the trial version, simply delete the Trial exe from the game folder.
6. Launched again from Origin, works perfectly. Even works being launched from Steam now.

***I did do a System File Checker and it repaired something it said. Don't know how much this influenced it.

In my opinion, the router thing saved it all. But I may be wrong.

Message 2 of 2 (2,786 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help