Purchased content did not return upon re-installation.

by PyxelBreakfast

Original Post

Purchased content did not return upon re-installation.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had purchased 3 items, Starter Pack, Silver League Bundle, and Gold League bundle, then was forced to factory reset Tablet due to lack of space. Upon re-installation I found my progress all gone. I had logged into Google Play for reasons of saving my progress. Logging into Google Play afterwards did nothing. Connecting to EA account did not work either. Here is my proof of purchase.

Message 1 of 3 (943 Views)

Re: Purchased content did not return upon re-installation.

Community Manager

@PyxelBreakfast Hi, did your non-purchased progression reappear?

If all of your progress was completely zeroed out, can you double check that there's not an account mixup?

If you have partial progress, can you try playing a game, and see if that syncs things up. Should that prove fruitless, please reach out to support, they can investigate further. 

Also I've removed the receipt images, we can't use them on the forum and they may contain sensitive info. They'll be very helpful for when you're in touch with support though, so keep them to hand. 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/contact-ea-help/

Thank you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 3 (883 Views)

Re: Purchased content did not return upon re-installation.

★★ Novice

I have the exact problem. I have been playing this game for years and spent a lot of money on it and had unlocked all the characters and finally got 4 each of all the cards completing all decks (both plants and  zombies, legendaries, events everything - all the cards fully complete sets). I always had my game synced/connected to google play when I played as it was one of the 3 options to sync your game (with Facebook and an EA account being the other two).

After having some phone issues I had to factory reset my phone. When I reinstalled the game and it asked to either connect or play, I chose connect and used the google play option. It connected after the spinning circle/loading symbol stopped but just remained on the screen with connect or play. No progress was restored and now it seems all my progress is gone. I contacted EA for help but they weren't able to do anything as I didn't have my initial player ID and when reinstalled the game gives a new ID each time so those were of no help.

What is the point of having google play as an option to sync your game if it doesn't really save anything and can't restore progress when you reconnect again?

I'm extremely disappointed with EA and their failure to resolve my issue. I hope they can eventually fix their google play sync issue. Until then I am done with all their games and won't be spending money on any of their products again.

Message 3 of 3 (766 Views)