Re: Psn hacked, unlinked account

by left-team4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Psn hacked, unlinked account

★★ Novice

Last night i got an email saying my signing ID was changed, meaning some hacker changed my psn email, i quickly unlinked my EA account from that email thinking it would stop hacker from accessing my fifa ultimate team account. and after recovering my psn i'll relink the ea account again. Ive grinding fifa for months what to do now. I dont wanna Lose my progress. Help.

Message 1 of 10 (1,327 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @left-team4,

As in, if the hacker deleted your club and made a new one in it's place? I'm sorry, I'm not sure about that scearnio, the support team would be better able to advise you on what can be done in those scearnio's.

The EA Help team can be reached using one of the following options::

• EA Help website - Phone/Chat/Email - Availability may vary 
  • Twitter - Select the message icon to get assistance 
  • Facebook - You can select the 'send message' option on the accounts home page  

Thanks, 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (1,263 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Relinking original EA account with recovered psn (same as before would bring my progress back)? pls guide. ive been seeing other people's posts and some of the advisors has said this.

Message 2 of 10 (1,323 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @left-team4

I'm not sure what steps you've done so far but it's not possible to unlink your EA account from your console account without the help of the EA support team. Those accounts are still linked together. It'd be best to reset the security settings on both to resecure them:

For again, there's two areas to keep in mind to help protect your EA account from becoming compromised: account security and online best practices. 

EA Account security: 

• Keep your email address up to date so you can always get your codes to log in.
  • Reset your EA Account password - Choose a strong, unique password for the EA account that uses a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters. 
  • Turn on Login Verification - Go to your EA Account Security settings and under Login Verification, clicking Turn on. This will send you a code to confirm your identity when a new device tries to log in to your EA Account. in the Security settings, click View by Backup Codes and write them down and keep them in a safe place so you’ll always be able to log in when you need to in the event you can't receive your login codes!!  
  • Make sure to take advantage of the security settings available for the connected accounts linked up to the EA account also. Examples of connected accounts include the email address registered, accounts such as SteamAmazon and Twitch, Console accounts (PlayStationXboxNintendo Switch, etc) and mobile accounts (Apple IDGoogle Play) and Social Media accounts (Facebook). 

Good online practices

• Logging out of any devices you share with others once you're finished or if you are leaving your own device unattended for any length of time.
  • Making sure to not to share your account information or security details with others. 
  • Never revealing your account password with anyone!! Note: our support team will never ask you to share that information with us.
  • Never click unknown links from untrusted sources.
  • Only enter your EA account details into official EA websites. 
  • Be aware of fake give-away's surveys or support teams. On Social Media official EA accounts will be marked with a ✔️ by their name so look out for those ticks. If unsure, you can always ask us here on Answers HQ, on help.ea.com or by reaching out to our EA Help Twitter Support team

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 10 (1,321 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Lanna  No, I unlinked my psn account from my ea account, I yet have to recover my psn, I still have my secured EA account which as of now is not linked to any PS account. And can only be linked to the one i yet have ti recover. 

i get to keep my progress now?

Message 4 of 10 (1,300 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @left-team4,

Unlinking connected accounts from an EA account can result in permanent loss of game data which is why it is a procedure only available in certain cases for players who reach out to the EA live support team.

Can you describe what steps you took to unlink the PlayStation account from an EA account?

- EA_Lanna

Message 5 of 10 (1,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I opened my EA account, and removed psn account from the connections settings, 

hoping when i recover my original PSN account and link it with original ea account, i ll get my progress back.

I attached a screenshot

@EA_Lanna 

Message 6 of 10 (1,289 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @left-team4

Oh I see, apologies for my confusion. Thank you for sharing what steps you took to sever the connection. You can link it back up to your original EA account by opening up any EA game on the PlayStation and entering an online game mode. It should prompt you to then enter the login details for the EA account you'd like to link up. Make sure to enter the correct details because it can't be unlinked again for 6 months.

@EAHelp wrote:

Once you unlink a platform account from your EA Account and link it to a new one, you cannot unlink it again for six months. Make sure unlinking is the best choice for you and that you understand the risks before you follow these steps.

- source: "Unlink your platform accounts from your EA Account".

Some other things to keep in mind:

EAHelp wrote:

WHAT ARE THE RISKS?
When you unlink a platform account from your EA Account, you can link it to another EA Account, but your in-game progress will not transfer over. That means you’ll permanently lose access to all of the following:

• games and game progress
  • DLC, expansions, and anything extra you have for your game
  • memberships and subscriptions
  • in-game purchases.

If you unlink your platform account and link it back to your original EA Account, you may be able to get access to your stuff if you still can access the account.

- source: "Unlink your platform accounts from your EA Account".

- EA_Lanna

Message 7 of 10 (1,279 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Lanna 

I just one confusion remain now, what if the hacker linked another FuT account on my original psn id, What do i do then? is this reversible. bcz i must link my oroginal ea account with the original psn.

Message 8 of 10 (1,270 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @left-team4,

As in, if the hacker deleted your club and made a new one in it's place? I'm sorry, I'm not sure about that scearnio, the support team would be better able to advise you on what can be done in those scearnio's.

The EA Help team can be reached using one of the following options::

• EA Help website - Phone/Chat/Email - Availability may vary 
  • Twitter - Select the message icon to get assistance 
  • Facebook - You can select the 'send message' option on the accounts home page  

Thanks, 

- EA_Lanna

Message 9 of 10 (1,264 Views)

★★ Novice

From my friends web app i can still see my transfer profit and club value and everything which i guess means the club is not deleted?

im saying what if he connected a different ea account to my original psn account.

@EA_Lanna 

Message 10 of 10 (1,259 Views)