Ps4 Bluescreens

by iiJacb

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ps4 Bluescreens

★★★★★ Newbie

i cannot play apex on the ps4. Every few games i bluescreen for no apparent reason. I have tried to fix every possible problem im reading about and nothing is fixing it. Deleting and re-downloading the game. Re-installing the system software, looking into the game's settings to fix the voice command bug. This is the only game that this happen to me on, i can play one game or 2 then i will bluescreen. At first i thought it was my playstation but i have a playstation 4 pro, so i went and got my brother's ps4 an after a few games i would bluescreen and he has a normal ps4. i cannot come to a conclusion as to what the problem could be besides the game. Before the patch that ya'll released to fix the blue screens i would bluescreen all the time, now it is after a few games. It has to be a bug or file in the game itself because i highly doubt that my playstation and my brother's are both "corrupt" as people say. I just need to know if there is a fix that anyone has found or if the devs can go back into an look again for another update bc it did not fix for me as this is the only game i have this problem with. 

Message 1 of 14 (4,658 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ps4 Bluescreens

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent Yes after a few days of doing both, if you leave the party and join back WITHOUT closing app it will crash. You have to close app after every game but you can stay in the party, so when you open the app you are still in it. The problem is because i have too many friends on my friends list so after the game is open for an "X" amount of time friends start to load and the app crashes. If you close app it refreshes the friends list so the app doesn't crash. I have not had my app bluescreen in almost a week with restarting app. I wanted to delete some friends to solve the problem but it takes entirely too long, so ill just restart app over and over takes only 10-15 sec. Hope this helps solve anyone elses problem be sure to spread the word for people that have hundreds of friends like i do.

View in thread

Message 11 of 14 (4,753 Views)

All Replies

Champion
@iiJacb please try to do a "clean boot" by doing the following:

1. Completely turn off your PlayStation 4 console. Do NOT enter Rest Mode.
2. Wait until the power indicator light on the front of the console stops blinking.
3. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console. It must be disconnected from the console itself, not just the wall outlet.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Plug the power cord back into your console and turn on your PlayStation 4.

Please verify you have latest updates installed on your PS4.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 14 (4,641 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

after i bluescreen again ill unplug it, but everything is up to date. Unplugging is the only thing i have never done in a while.

Message 3 of 14 (4,612 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EzyHawk i just bluescreened so ill give it a try and let you know lmao, what a coincidence.
Message 4 of 14 (4,609 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EzyHawk Okay so update, today i bluescreened while sitting in the lobby so now i know it is not a bug in the map causing it is the game, so i unplugged the wire from the ps4 and let it sit for a minute. and i just bluescreened again. I do not understand what the problem is.
Message 5 of 14 (4,524 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @iiJacb

In some cases crashes like this can be due to connectivity issues. I'd like to try some troubleshooting to see if that helps. 

The best place to start would be with the basic connection troubleshooting steps over at the EA Help website. If it's still happening after that check out the PS4-specific steps as well. Let me know how it goes when you have a chance. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 14 (4,499 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent will do ill look into it. i just bluescreened again.
Message 7 of 14 (4,486 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent All im really seeing are solutions to connection, meaning like internet speeds or dc from the servers. My app on the console is closing im not just disconnecting from the server the whole game is crashing.
Message 8 of 14 (4,478 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent ok so i just played for little over 3 hours and usually it's a bluescreen every 40 mins like 3 or 4 games. The resolve i found was leaving the party and closing the application after every game. Not 100% sure that it works but for the time being i haven't bluescreened while doing that.
Message 9 of 14 (4,443 Views)

Community Manager

@iiJacb wrote:
@EA_Kent ok so i just played for little over 3 hours and usually it's a bluescreen every 40 mins like 3 or 4 games. The resolve i found was leaving the party and closing the application after every game. Not 100% sure that it works but for the time being i haven't bluescreened while doing that.

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for sharing that. If you just leave the party without restarting does it still crash? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 14 (4,419 Views)