Re: Progress reset after latest Count Dooku update

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Progress reset after latest Count Dooku update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I am new to this, so please bare with me. I downloaded and installed the first big update since I got this game for Christmas. Now, all my progress has been reset on my campaign, and the story starts me completely over. Is this happening to others? I tried logging out and back in. Also, it appears that my credits and star cards are fine, I just have to start the story over.

Message 1 of 8 (768 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

EA DICE Team

Hey @haydenbutt96  @ijhaj15fv8aj , clear local and cloud saves for Battlefront 2 and then do a power cycle on the Xbox. This should solve the save files not saving for you. Standard smile 

How to power cycle: 

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.
  4. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Let me know how that works out for you. Standard smile 

/Atic

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (674 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey @ijhaj15fv8aj , thanks for the info! 

A quick question, what platform are you on? 

/Atic

Message 2 of 8 (732 Views)

★★★ Newbie

XBox One

Message 3 of 8 (720 Views)

★★ Novice

I also play on Xbox but have had this problem since launch. Game doesn't save campaign or arcade senario progress as well as my card and hero loadouts get reset. I have never been able to find a solution to three problem and no one seems to be able to help me. Extremely frustrating as Everytime I start the game I have to re equipt all weapons, attachments, cards, skins, emotes, and victory poses.

Message 4 of 8 (703 Views)
Highlighted

EA DICE Team

Hey @haydenbutt96  @ijhaj15fv8aj , clear local and cloud saves for Battlefront 2 and then do a power cycle on the Xbox. This should solve the save files not saving for you. Standard smile 

How to power cycle: 

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.
  4. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Let me know how that works out for you. Standard smile 

/Atic

Message 5 of 8 (675 Views)

★★ Novice

No this did not work, though i only cleared local saves as i  do not know how to clear the cloud saves on Xbox. I believe there is no longer anyway to do so.

Message 6 of 8 (627 Views)

EA DICE Team

@haydenbutt96  try this guide on how to clear cloud saves: https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/games/game-setup/cloud-game-saves-faq

/Atic 

Message 7 of 8 (583 Views)

★★ Novice

This is an old guide and the instructions no longer apply to the latest version of Xbox. There is currently no way to delete cloud saves, to my knowledge. I don't know why they still have this on the official website as it is outdated unfortunately.

Message 8 of 8 (573 Views)