Progress Lost

by NishNashNosh117

Original Post

Progress Lost

★★ Novice

My account has been reset completely, no account level, character levels, cosmetics etc.

Message 1 of 12 (348 Views)

Re: Progress Lost

★★ Novice

this is on PlayStation, ea support couldn't help so was told to come here, I haven't played for around 6 months, I load up on my ps5 and I have nothing on my account, I even tried loading up on ps4 and still nothing 

Message 2 of 12 (347 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @NishNashNosh117,

If you notice that you no longer have access to the items that you previously had unlocked, it is possible that you're either using the incorrect account, or that you maybe have unlinked your accounts in the past or recently. When you unlink your accounts, you indeed lose your progression.
Please also see our website article about this: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/unlink-gaming-accounts-from-ea-account/.
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 3 of 12 (320 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, 

My psn is linked to my account, I don't believe I ever unlinked it and changed to another. If I had would there be a way to tell?

Message 4 of 12 (313 Views)

★★ Novice

I have just checked and I've been a member on this account since 2014, so this would be the correct account 

Message 5 of 12 (312 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @NishNashNosh117,

The only way to completely lost in-game progress, would be that either:
- You're logged in via the wrong account,
- Your account are no longer connection.

Without going in too much detail, since we can't do that on the forums, I can see that you unlinked a console ID from your EA account some time ago. This could have resulted in the loss of in-game progression.

I would recommend reaching out to the EA Live Support team to get your account checked. You can contact them via https://help.ea.com/contact-us.
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 6 of 12 (270 Views)

★★ Novice

The last time I contacted them I was sent here, is there no account recovery at all? Or have I just lost my progress.

Message 7 of 12 (259 Views)

Community Manager

@NishNashNosh117,

From our website:

When you unlink a platform account from your EA Account, you can link it to another EA Account, but your in-game progress will not transfer over.

That means you’ll permanently lose access to all of the following:

• games and game progress
  • DLC, expansions, and anything extra you have for your game
  • memberships and subscriptions
  • in-game purchases.

If you unlink your platform account and link it back to your original EA Account, you may be able to get access to your stuff if you still can access the account.

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 8 of 12 (256 Views)

★★ Novice

So how would I find out the original account? Would it be because I changed emails 

Message 9 of 12 (251 Views)

Community Manager
@NishNashNosh117, I am not sure how you can find out the original account, as this usually is supposed to be something you should know yourself.

You can try to reach out to our Live Support team and check with them if they can see which account got unlinked in the past maybe?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 10 of 12 (248 Views)