Re: Profile Completely Glitched and Game Unplayable

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Hey, @EA_Atic I finally went ahead and took the plunge deleting my save file on the system/cloud and also the game and then reinstalling the game. After starting up the game again I was forced to play the opening cinematic where you die over and over in different scenarios and after I finished that I was told that the multiplayer of the game was still downloading and I was unable to connect to EA servers at the time. I decided to leave it and then later I closed the application after it was finished and my console gave me a notification. Fast forward a few days later and I finally rebooted the game, after hitting X on the title screen I was told I needed to update the game again but this time it was inside the game rather than a patch or something from Sony and once I was back in to the main game screen I still get the same glitch I showed you guys only this time all my story mode progress is gone aside from the opening cinematic that I had to replay. At this point, I'm at a complete loss on what to do if 2 community manager solutions don't work. Is there any way I can send you guys my save file or you can look it up and start to tinker with things to figure out what the hell is going on???? This is beyond frustrating. Still can't play the games multiplayer aside from joining a random * quick match which is not acceptable.

Message 20 of 34 (1,098 Views)

★★★★ Novice

bump

Message 21 of 34 (1,057 Views)

Community Manager

@meowmixplox 

Are you installing the game on an external hard drive?

Do you have the latest PlayStation software update

Blueberry.png
Message 22 of 34 (998 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry  I originally had it installed to my external hard drive but then deleted it and reinstalled it on my internal as @EA_Atic suggested. I always have the latest PS update installed since I have automatic install feature activated. None of your suggestions are working and this is the only game which I have ever had an issue with on my PlayStation. I have well over 100 games installed between my internal 1TB hard drive and 4TB external drive if that information is of any relevance to you.

Message 23 of 34 (983 Views)

Community Manager

@meowmixplox 

Does it do the same thing if you load up the game on a different PSN ID?

Blueberry.png
Message 24 of 34 (977 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry So I created a second account to test this question you asked and I can confirm that this problem DOES NOT happen with a second PSN ID. It seems that only the account associated with my profile is bugged to hell. Everything loads smoothly with a different account and there are no hiccups navigating at all within any of the menus.

Message 25 of 34 (951 Views)

Community Manager

@meowmixplox 

Please reach our Live-Support team so they can pull up your account to take a closer look into this for you. Thanks for getting back to us and our apologies for it impacting your main profile.

Click here to contact an EA Advisor

Blueberry.png
Message 26 of 34 (987 Views)

Re: Missing "Visuals" option for weapon skins under Customize Soldier

Community Manager

That's strange it's not showing up for you, @Pahgeechas. We haven't seen any trends around this happening to other players, so it leads me to believe it is a simple fix with a re-installation (could be corrupted data), PS4 software that needs to be updated, or a very rare account bug that we'll need to dive in a little deeper.

Let's make sure these areas are covered first:

1. Check your PS4 software to ensure it has the latest update
  2. Re-install the game so you have fresh files. If you have the game installed on an external hard drive, make sure there aren't files on both the internal and external drive. That can cause some weird performance issues.
  3. Restore the license for the game
  4. Power cycle the console. 
    1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
    2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.

Let me know if this helps! Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 28 of 34 (852 Views)

Re: Missing "Visuals" option for weapon skins under Customize Soldier

★★★ Novice

Thank you for the reply, and the suggestions. Back in November, and this past week, I tried deleting the game, including all Premium Pass DLC and save files, and reinstalling. This did not help. I also tried restoring licenses, and this didn't seem to help either. I have tried installing to both internal and external hard drives, and that doesn't seem to make a difference.

This is a very odd bug. I can't seem to "trick" the game into allowing me to change weapon skins under the Customize Soldier menu. I CAN make changes while in a multiplayer server, but once I try making changes again under the Customize Soldier menu, the "Visuals" option is completely missing. Very strange.

I'm not sure if anything else can be done. It makes me wonder if there's some weird issue with my account on the server side?

Thank you again for any other suggestions. Issues like these typically resolve themselves in time, but this one has plagued me for months.

Message 29 of 34 (848 Views)

Community Manager

@meowmixplox wrote:

Hey Wanted to post my issue here since I had no luck with Reddit. For over a year now my account on BF1 for PS4 has been completely unplayable because of some extremely wonky glitch with the user interface. I have no idea how I got this glitch but nothing that I do will fix it so I assume my actual profile with the game is glitched out and not the game itself. I have attached a link to the Reddit thread I originally created that documents the issues I have along with a video showcasing the broken profile in action. I hope you are able to get this fixed asap because its a real shame I'm still unable to play this game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/ayi8ih/help_me_reddit/?utm_source=share&utm_medium...

@Pahgeechas 

In the link above there is a similar issue but the weapons tab is showing medals. Can you take a video clip or screenshot of what you're seeing?

Blueberry.png
Message 30 of 34 (838 Views)