Profanity Filter NHL 21

by BeefNoodlez99

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Profanity Filter NHL 21

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello, 

My last name, ‘Demers’, does not work, I have tried putting it as post my first and last name and both times it’s been flagged as profane.

It’s weird because Demers is literally a play by play name I can use. 

Message 1 of 3 (860 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Profanity Filter NHL 21

[ Edited ]
Hero

Unfortunately, it’s not exactly your name that’s the issue. The profanity filter has to take into account certain groupings of letters and doesn’t allow them even if it’s an acceptable name involved. So in this case, it may be the “emers” that is in the filter for example (I’m not sure exactly what it is triggering the filter).
Hopefully there will be more sophisticated filter tech that EA can incorporate one day. 

•—————————————————•

If a message helped you, please give it XP! Click the XP button at the bottom of the post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Not an EA employee

Banner AHQ Hero Mass Effect.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (844 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Unfortunately, it’s not exactly your name that’s the issue. The profanity filter has to take into account certain groupings of letters and doesn’t allow them even if it’s an acceptable name involved. So in this case, it may be the “emers” that is in the filter for example (I’m not sure exactly what it is triggering the filter).
Hopefully there will be more sophisticated filter tech that EA can incorporate one day. 

•—————————————————•

If a message helped you, please give it XP! Click the XP button at the bottom of the post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Not an EA employee

Banner AHQ Hero Mass Effect.png

Message 2 of 3 (845 Views)

Community Manager
@BeefNoodlez99 Add your name to this post and we'll pass it along to the team that handles the filter to look into it.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/My-last-name-says-its-profanity-when-creating-a-player/m-...
Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 3 (834 Views)