Re: Problems with stuttering/lag for last 48 hours in Europe.

by kartikins

Original Post

★ Guide

@EzyHawk Actually the DNS was the one thing I didn't change the first time... I only tried that this evening after cleaning the cache didn't fix the problem. I'll have to reset the router completely tomorrow I guess... my ISP won't do anything, especially as I can't exactly identify what the problem is. I'll have to see if there is some way I can monitor the data transfer between my PC and the server to see if ping is spiking or getting packet loss or something.

Message 11 of 12 (198 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EzyHawk Well I did full factory reset on router today and it made absolutely NO difference whatsoever. The thing is that it's really inconsistent.. one game will be fine with maybe one or two minor lag I prolly wouldn't have even noticed before, and the next game will be unplayable where I'm teleporting all over the place every 2-3 seconds, it starts to make you sick after a while.

I am beginning to wonder if it isn't because if increased internet traffic cos of the lockdowns, it really only seems to be a problem when connection to particular servers. As I understand it Apex can connect you to servers anywhere regardless of the data center you connect to.

In other source games you have console commands can control the servers you connect to - is there anything like this in Apex I wonder?

EDIT - Been keeping an eye on this https://gameserverping.com/apex today and although pings to my local servers are start between 30-40 they keep spiking massively and going up to 200-400 before dropping again

Message 12 of 12 (176 Views)