Problems with controls Apex legends

by fluffyburek

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problems with controls Apex legends

★★ Novice

Hi
I have a problem with changing controls in game. My wife and I are playing from one computer and we have two accounts. I recently transferred to steam and I linked my origin account to it and left the origin game downloaded so that we don't have to log off/in from origin every time we want to play. What happens is that when I change my bindings on steam on my account, it also changes on origin on her account. Please, help me find a solution to this annoying problem.

Thank you

Message 1 of 6 (426 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Problems with controls Apex legends

Community Manager

@fluffyburek

I have a feeling it's related to where the files are saved to store the Apex Legends client settings. If they're saved under the Windows user folder then the game will always be loading the same user configuration regardless of what account is logged into the client. 

If your wife sets up a different Windows user and uses that to log into Apex Legends it might allow her to use separate settings. I think it's worth a shot, if that's something you can try out. Please let me know how it goes when you can. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (349 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @fluffyburek

Are you both using the same user account in Windows, or do you have separate Windows users? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 6 (378 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Kent 

Yes, we are using the same Windows account. But when we were playing on Origin we didn't have this problem.

Message 3 of 6 (373 Views)

Community Manager

@fluffyburek

I have a feeling it's related to where the files are saved to store the Apex Legends client settings. If they're saved under the Windows user folder then the game will always be loading the same user configuration regardless of what account is logged into the client. 

If your wife sets up a different Windows user and uses that to log into Apex Legends it might allow her to use separate settings. I think it's worth a shot, if that's something you can try out. Please let me know how it goes when you can. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 6 (350 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, it works that way and it's a lot faster than changing all controls every time. 

Thank you @EA_Kent 

Message 5 of 6 (338 Views)

Community Manager

@fluffyburek 

You're welcome! Thanks for following up and letting me know. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (291 Views)