Problems with audio popping and lag on PS4.

by Aidocs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problems with audio popping and lag on PS4.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I made a post about this on the GW2 reddit almost a year ago and a handful of people said they were having this same problem. Starting with the lag, there's times when the game is basically perfect but other times it gets absolutely horrible and everyone is teleporting. This isn't just me. I've tried absolutely everything on my end from reinstalling the game (Twice), checking my internet and restarting my modem, to trying other games. Every other game I've played has worked fine, and I played with a friend in a PS4 party who was lagging at the same time as me. I've also asked in voice chat before and others are teleporting around on their end at the same time. This is something that's clearly a server problem, and I really.. Really hope something can be done. It isn't a new problem but it was really bad this morning and inspired this post. Normally my ping to US EAST is 66 when the lag isn't happening, but today it's never gone below 111ish. (The other servers are even worse.) I've spent an absolute ton of money on this game and I really enjoy it.. I just want to play it. Can someone please look into this?

The audio popping isn't as severe but it's still annoying. It sounds like someone tapping on their microphone and it just happens at random. Sometimes I'll go entire days without hearing it, other times it happens repeatedly throughout a game. It never happens in the backyard or infinity time, only in a multiplayer match. I've tried turning off VOIP and it still occurs, and it also still happens when I'm in a PS4 party and couldn't possibly hear other people, plus the sound is always identical. I've tried two different headsets and tried my TV's audio only and it still happens in every case. This isn't a problem I've seen many others having other than mentions of a similar issue being patched a long time ago. I play on high dynamic range audio if that helps. Thank you for reading.

Message 1 of 4 (13,694 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Problems with audio popping and lag on PS4.

Community Manager

@Aidocs It does sound like it is an issue with a connection, try plugging your HDMI lead into another port. If you can get another one to test that would be great. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (13,786 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
That sounds like a HDMI problem either with the port or the cable try replacing the cable
Message 2 of 4 (13,664 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@xBOBADFETTxwrote:
That sounds like a HDMI problem either with the port or the cable try replacing the cable

Sorry it took me so long to respond! But I don't have audio issues with any other game and I never have. This is only an issue with Garden Warfare 2, but I don't have another cable to test sadly. Still, I play an absolutely massive amount of games and nothing similar has ever happened a single time in any other game or application. 

Message 3 of 4 (13,649 Views)

Community Manager

@Aidocs It does sound like it is an issue with a connection, try plugging your HDMI lead into another port. If you can get another one to test that would be great. 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (13,787 Views)