Re: Problems with Squad Arena

by 1975George

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problems with Squad Arena

★★ Apprentice

Squad Arena is unfair and it cheats!!!! I've hardly won any of it because the game gives it the opposing side to much unfair advantage!!!! Just like Light, Dark side and Cantina battles in Squad Arena I'm losing most of my players before I even start!!!! George 

Message 1 of 8 (553 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@1975George Hi George, I took a look at your account. I think you are trying to rush too quickly into content for which your account is not yet prepared.

Character level is only a small piece of what makes a character effective. Equipped gear and gear levels are orders of magnitude more impactful than the level, and then mods have a multiplicative effect on top of that. 

You have a handful of characters at gear tier 4, and none above that. You can tell the gear level based on the color and design of the ring around the character portrait. Once your characters start to reach gear 7, they will obtain a new “Protection” value, which is a large additional pool of survivability.

I looked at the “level 3” mod battles, the ones that you said were approximately level 60, and all the enemies on those nodes appear to be gear 7 or 8 - MUCH too powerful for to defeat with g3 or g4 characters.

Please follow the advice I laid out in your other thread - you must increase your team’s gear levels, star levels, and PLEASE add mods to your team. Until your squad is gear level 7 or higher, any characters with a purple ring will likely be too tough for you to deal with.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (494 Views)

All Replies

@1975George Hi George, How exactly does it "cheat?"

The opponent squad is set my other players, and the game controls those characters. However, there are no bonuses granted to the defending team.

Perhaps your characters are lower level, lower gear, have weaker/slower mods, have fewer zetas, or are not a good counter to the team you are attacking?

If you'd like some advice, a link to your swgoh.gg profile could be helpful. Then show a screenshot of the squad your are attempting to battle.

★★ Apprentice

I'm on level 66 and when I do Squad Arena I'm facing opponents at least at 57, 58, 59 or 60 in level and when I start my first player is blown away before I even begin. I'm sorry it doesn't make sense. Also it's the same in Mod battles, I'm facing players at level 60 strength and I'm losing players so fast before I do anything. George 

Message 3 of 8 (509 Views)

[ Edited ]

@1975George Hi George, I took a look at your account. I think you are trying to rush too quickly into content for which your account is not yet prepared.

Character level is only a small piece of what makes a character effective. Equipped gear and gear levels are orders of magnitude more impactful than the level, and then mods have a multiplicative effect on top of that. 

You have a handful of characters at gear tier 4, and none above that. You can tell the gear level based on the color and design of the ring around the character portrait. Once your characters start to reach gear 7, they will obtain a new “Protection” value, which is a large additional pool of survivability.

I looked at the “level 3” mod battles, the ones that you said were approximately level 60, and all the enemies on those nodes appear to be gear 7 or 8 - MUCH too powerful for to defeat with g3 or g4 characters.

Please follow the advice I laid out in your other thread - you must increase your team’s gear levels, star levels, and PLEASE add mods to your team. Until your squad is gear level 7 or higher, any characters with a purple ring will likely be too tough for you to deal with.

★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the advice and I understand what your  saying about the gear and star levels which at one time I didn't understand. I've been playing this game for almost 2 years and it's been a daily grind to make much headway. Another thing the guild I complained about before is hopeless and I'm stuck with it, I've tried quitting and joining other guilds but with no luck. Other guilds I've tried make you wait days before starting a raid and most of them what you to join discord which I'm against because of my work schedule. George 

Message 5 of 8 (486 Views)

@1975George non starter guilds must accumulate raid tickets in order to launch a new raid. Depending on the raid tier and how much energy the guild spends, it can take guilds several days to accumulate enough raid tickets to launch a raid.

Many competitive guilds require the use of discord or LINE to coordinate their activities, but it sounds like you need a casual guild. Not every guild requires an external chat program. I've attached a screenshot of a casual guild ad that might work for you. They may also be able to provide you with additional advice.

★★ Apprentice

Ok I left the starter guild I was in and found Stars Commandos but the guild says it's open to join but it's not highlighted on the game to join. It's either because I'm not at level 80 or 85 or maybe it has enough members but it also says 35 to 50 members. So I either wait until theirs an opening or you could recommend another guild that'll take me. Staying in Bantha Herd tier 2 is such a waste of time because it wants it's players to stay in the Rancor pit forever without ever advancing to something else. George 

Message 7 of 8 (427 Views)

@1975George You could use the Ally Code of that recruiter and add him as an Ally, then message him in game to ask for an invite to their guild.

Alternatively, you can search through the Guild Recruitment Ads on the main forums, where I found Star Commandos:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223886/casual-guilds-looking-for-players-...
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223888/newer-player-guilds-looking-for-pl...

I've never been in one of the starter guilds, but I believe as your account develops, the game automatically upgrades you to better starter guilds.

Since your highest characters have 4 stars, you won't be able to participate in any raids above a tier 4 raid right now, so a guild that's any higher might be a big waste. You really need to start collecting gear and character shards for your roster, if you ever want to improve.

Good luck!