Re: Problems with SWGOH

by 1975George

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I was just playing Galactic War and just like Squad Arena I think it cheats!!!! Or I'm just being a sore loser, I took down Boba Fett 3 times and he keep coming back and taking out all my Imperial characters of Darth Vader, Moff Tarkin, Imperial Tie Fighter pilot, Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper!!!! Then I faced a squad consisting of Lando Calrissian and Princess Leia of Original Trilogy, Stormtrooper Han Solo, Cad Bane and Biggs facing my best players of Farm boy Luke Skywalker, Jedi Consular, Talia, Clone Wars Chewbacca and Hoth Rebel Scout. And they all got blown away without doing much damage, so then I faced them again using my least powerful players before bringing in what's left of best players and they also were blown away without even firing a shot!!!! After that I decided to bring in Phoenix Squadron and when the game started I was down to 2 players before firing a shot or swinging a lightsaber!!!! I retreated because I felt the game had given this squad of bad guys to much power and abilities. All I have left of players before I have to restart Galactic War is the Rogue One crew but what's the point they'll just get blown away like the others before I can do anything. I know I'm sounding like a sore loser but I can't help it.

Message 11 of 14 (527 Views)

@1975George  Hi George, the game doesn't "cheat." Boba Fett starts the battle with a buff called Bounty Hunter's Resolve. Whenever he dies with that buff, he is revived with 100% health. Whenever he kills an enemy, he regains Resolve.

Additionally, when you lose a battle in galactic war, the enemy team "saves" it's current status - including health/protection values, skill cooldowns, and turn meter values. Therefore when you attack with a second squad, all of your team starts at 0% turn meter, but the surviving enemies all start with as partially filled turn meter bar, which means they will almost all go before your team. This is why your team was mostly dead before they got a turn.

As I've said several times, your Roster is VASTLY under geared. At level 65-66, your top characters are expected to be around gear level 8. Looking at your roster, you have one g6, one g5, and a few g4, then everyone else is g3 or below. You also have no characters above 4-stars.

You need to go back to battles you can win, and farm character shards for your roster, and gear that will increase your character gear levels. Swgoh is a resource management game - energy, gear, shards, crystals, credits, ship building materials, and the various currencies (e.g. galactic war tokens) all need to be earned, then  reinvested in your roster so you can earn more resources.

I’ve attached a picture of 12 characters, ranging from g1-g12, so you can visually identify the difference. There’s almost a order of magnitude difference in character effectiveness at EACH gear level. Don’t expect to beat squads that have much higher gear than you.

★★ Apprentice

How could EA ban AhnarldT101?!!!!! What's wrong with you guys for account sharing and not cheating!!!!! This guy has been on YouTube for a long time helping people on SWGOH and talking about new players and you ban him?!!!!! It's travesty and miscarriage of justice!!!!! All of us Star Wars gamers stand united to protest this unfairness to AhnarldT101 and demand his reinstatement!!!!! George 

Message 13 of 14 (397 Views)

★★ Apprentice

GladOS_013 I need to talk to you, I was playing Galactic War again and I'm trying to level up my players and get them extra stars as best I can but what happened now I couldn't believe. I was facing a squad with Bossk and Jango Fett and I managed to take out the other opponents except for them!!!! Bossk and Jango were at level 53 strength and I'm currently at level 71 but most of my players are at level 60 and so forth. I used every player a had to take them out and I couldn't make much of dent in them!!!!! This is insane that I couldn't take out 2 players because I feel the game was cheating and giving them to much power and abilities!!!!! I had these similar problems when facing the Phoenix Squadron but I managed to learn how to defeat them. Again every player I had blasting and hitting them with lightsabers and I couldn't take out Bossk and Jango Fett!!!!! This is soo unfair!!!!! I know you'll say my players are under strength and gear and again I'm trying but this shouldn't have happened that 2 opponents could defeat all my players!!!!!! 

Message 14 of 14 (314 Views)