Re: Problems with SWGOH

by GladOS-013

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problems with SWGOH

★★ Apprentice

The game has become hopeless and pointless for me no matter how hard I try!!!! I'm currently on level 65 and I'm going nowhere in the game. Light, Dark side and Cantina battles are too hard and I'm losing most of my players before I can fire a shot or swing a lightsaber. The mod battles are also to hard and Squad Arena favors the opposing side more by giving them more advantages. The only areas of the game where I can score anything is Galactic War and Challenges, my ally code is 962-896-894 if anyone wants to look at it and tell me what I'm doing is wrong. George 

Message 1 of 14 (1,477 Views)

Accepted Solution

@1975George I checked your account and it looks like you haven't really upgraded any significant characters in the two months since we last spoke.

Have you been using all your energy to farm gear/shards, upgrade your units, and increase your level? Plus, are you completing the daily activities each day? Just doing that will give you at least 100 crystals per day that you can use to advance your account.

View in thread

Message 8 of 14 (1,215 Views)

All Replies

@1975George Hi George, welcome to SWGOH! You're *very* early into the game, so don't expect to be able to rush to all the end-game content immediately.

A few pieces of advice I'd like to give:
1) Login every day and complete all the daily activities. You earn 100 crystals, and a bunch of credits and rewards.
2) Use those daily crystals to purchase additional energy. That energy will increase your level, and can be used to farm additional shards for the characters you need.
3) Focus on gearing up teams with synergy. As I look at your Squad Arena team, you have a Darth Vader in the leader position, but there are no other Empire or Sith allies with him, so his leadership ability is not providing much value. Instead, try Rex as your leader. His leadership ability provides bonuses to ALL allies, not just ones of a particular faction.
4) Focus your farming on a small group of characters at a time. Pick one character at a time from the Galactic War store, the Squad Arena Store, the Cantina Store, the Guild Store, and the Fleet Store, and farm their shards up to 7 stars.
5) Once you get a 7-star character, leave your guild and find one that is doing at least a Heroic Rancor raid.
6) Open up the Journey Guide, and start farming toward highly powerful characters. The Phoenix Squadron is helpful b/c it can unlock Palpatine and Thrawn for you. The preresquisites for Commander Luke Skywalker (CLS) are also helpful because he's an amazing Rebel leader.

Good luck!

★★ Apprentice

Completing the daily activities is a joke because it's just sending me back to Light and Dark side battles where it's to hard and I'm not making any headway. I agree with all the other negative comments about this game that unless you willing to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to get better players your not going to succeed in this. George 

Message 3 of 14 (1,413 Views)

@1975George If the activities are too hard, go to an earlier level of the dark/light battles where it's no longer too difficult. Your aren't required to try the most difficult battles to complete your activities.

I know quite a few "free to play" players who are high level and endgame and enjoy the game a lot. Spending is not required, but can help speed up progress. Otherwise, it just requires time.

★★ Apprentice

I've done that before in the past going back to the easy levels of the game to get points, credits and the training droids I needed to upgrade my players but that's the only purpose it serves. Going back to the easy levels of the game seems pointless unless again your just doing it for credits and energy. I understand a video game wasn't meant to be easy and gets difficult as you progress but the game makes it extremely difficult for players to go any further unless your want to spend money. The love of Star Wars kept me from quitting this game but it has become a daily grind to make any progress. George 

Message 5 of 14 (1,386 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
  1. @1975George Collecting energy and resources to increase the stars and gear level for your characters is exactly the point!

You can spend money, or you can spend time farming the things you need to upgrade your team to advance. This is how Swgoh works.

★★ Apprentice

It's been awhile since I've posted anything on this forum and the game is still the same for me. I've unlocked new players but I'm still going through the daily grind of trying to progress and it's still a fun game and aggravating when you lose a lot. I've said many times before that the only areas of the game where I can score is Galactic War and challenges but what I noticed is when your competing in Galactic War you don't stand a chance against Phoenix Squadron. When I'm facing all of the Rebels characters together it's impossible to beat them, the game gives them so much power and abilities that no matter how hard I hit them I'm losing all my players. I love Star Wars Rebels and miss them but I can't defeat them in the game. George 

Message 7 of 14 (1,233 Views)

@1975George I checked your account and it looks like you haven't really upgraded any significant characters in the two months since we last spoke.

Have you been using all your energy to farm gear/shards, upgrade your units, and increase your level? Plus, are you completing the daily activities each day? Just doing that will give you at least 100 crystals per day that you can use to advance your account.

★★ Apprentice

GladOS-13 I've tried my best to upgrade my players as for completing the daily activities I can't. When I go on daily activities it's sending me to fight in Light, Dark side, Cantina, Mod battles, Squad Arena and so forth. I can't go any further in those areas because of where I am right now because it's to hard. Like I said before the only way I can I score in those area also is going back to the easy levels of the game. I'm sorry for aggravating you by saying this but I've been playing this game for almost 2 years and theirs still aspects of it I don't understand. I do understand I'm not going to make much progress unless I promote my players which I'm been trying to do. George 

Message 9 of 14 (1,189 Views)

@1975George To complete your dailies, you absolutely should be doing the easier battles. It does you no good to constantly fail at battles you aren't strong enough to complete. Instead, find a node that you can complete that contains gear your characters need. Sim that node repeatedly until you have enough gear to upgrade a character. Repeat for several other gear, until your characters are all higher gear level.

The game is designed to have different plateaus of power level - and it sounds like you have reached the max that you can achieve with your current gear. The solution is not to keep trying and failing, but to go back to the ones you can complete, and farm the gear and character shards you need to upgrade your team, until you're ready to tackle the next tier.

Same with Galactic War. There are 12 battles, but it's structured like 4 quadrants, with every 3rd battle being much harder. Get as far as you can get, and then reset it and start from the beginning the next day. Just maximize your rewards, and use those rewards to upgrade your team, and eventually you'll be able to beat it.