Problem with purchasing using my debit card

by JMIBARBIA

Original Post

Problem with purchasing using my debit card

★★★ Novice

I need help.

I used my debit card on 2 accounts last December 30 2019. My first purchase pushed through. When I switched accounts and tried purchasing again, the error code NU2099 showed up. I thought maybe I can't use my debit card on another account, so I switched back on the 1st account, but it showed me the error again.

Can anyone help me on the matter? I know I should contact Customer Service, but I don't know which number I'm supposed to call. I live in the Philippines.

I appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 5 (448 Views)

Re: Problem with purchasing using my debit card

@JMIBARBIA 

NU2099 is a generic error, apart from checking all the details are correct , maybe best to wait a full 24 hours before attempting again 

if it persists Swtor CS can look at your account and see if any issues they can see

Best number is the UK number I think, maybe try using voip/skype if your phone plan doesnt have good IDD rates

From https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/INFO-Getting-Help/m-p/4806237#M15

UK: +44 203 0141 826 (Phone support available from 15.00 GMT - 00.00 GMT)

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 5 (441 Views)

★★★ Novice
@proxos666 I actually tried again today, but it still persisted. Anyways, I'll try calling them instead. Thank you for the help. 🙂
Message 3 of 5 (438 Views)

@JMIBARBIA 

With a debit card , it may allow purchase of the 60 day non recurring sub, it is possible it doesn't like the debit card itself for a recurring subscription

only other thing is to attach that card to a paypal account and see if that works

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 5 (427 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

But I only bought Cartel Coins. I haven't even subscribed yet because I was trying to test things out.

Also, I haven't used Paypal before. Won't SWTOR recognize my card from Paypal? Dumb question, but I wanna be sure this time.

Message 5 of 5 (367 Views)