Re: Problem with PvZ: GW2--Trial to Standard edition

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Problem with PvZ: GW2--Trial to Standard edition

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the PvZ: Garden Warfare 2 early access, and then decided to purchase and download the full game.  However, when I try to play online, it takes me to the same level every single time, and no one else shows up to play.  I am assuming that I am still accessing the trial program and not the full one.  How do I go about getting rid of the trial and playing the full standard edition?  I really want to play online but am unable to.  

Thank you in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 4 (282 Views)

Community Manager

@PurduePete1 Hi,

How are you starting the game and how are you going about getting into the map?

Your description makes it sound as if you are in the backyard battleground but don't know how to access the various game modes.

There was a bug in relation to this, but it has been fixed as of patch 1.03: http://www.pvzgw2.com/en_AU/news/patch-notes-april-14-au

From what I can see, your account does indeed have the standard edition, so should be able to have access to all the maps available.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 4 (265 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your reply, @EA_Nils,

I apologize if my post made it sound like I don't know how to access the other maps.  I am using the portal to attempt to play the online multiplayer games such as Welcome Mat, Suburbination, etc.  However, when I attempt to play those games, I am taken to Dr. Zomboss' labratory and I am the only one there.  In the upper middle of the screen it says "Waiting for other players". 

In terms of opening the game, I have used Origin to open the game as well as using the desktop icon.  

How can I be sure that I received the patch that you mentioned? 

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 4 (262 Views)

Community Manager

@PurduePete1 Hi,

Thanks for the clarification.

Now I am just not sure if you are somehow opening a game for others to join but having it set to private/invite only, meaning that no one can get in unless you invite them via your Origin friends list.

Have you tried joining a game from someone else? If you have any friends playing the game, see if they are able to send you an invite or if you can just right click on their Origin friends profile and then select to join them on the PvZ GW2 server they are playing on currently.

As for the patch, if Origin isn't prompting you to install one it will already be applied.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 4 (244 Views)