Problem with Origin in-game on Payback

by Jabberwocky79

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problem with Origin in-game on Payback

★★★ Guide

I am on PC.

Last night I downloaded the March update and started the game. The two new cars are advertised in the store, but when I click to purchase, I am told to enable Origin In-Game to do so. I DID have this feature disabled, however I fully exited the game, enabled Origin In-Game and restarted Payback, only to have the same problem.

I completely shutdown Origin from running, restarted the client, verified that In-Game is set to 'on' and restarted Payback. Same problem. The game isn't recognizing that Origin In-Game is on. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 9 (670 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem with Origin in-game on Payback

★ Guide

i don't know if its the same for your problem but there are two options one to activate origin in game in general and one on your specific game to activate it there, it's neccessary for that in game chAt and stuff, don't know if it's for your problem too, give it a try

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (757 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Jabberwocky79

Can you check if you are on the most recent version of Origin please, Version 10.5.14.38647 - 0

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 9 (663 Views)

★★★ Guide
@ EA_Barry: Yes, I have verified this is the version I am running.
Message 3 of 9 (651 Views)

★★★ Guide

Also, I'd just like to point out that the pricing and options available are very inconsistent and it's frustrating. I own the "Deluxe Version" which is supposed to grant a discount on in-game purchases (I'm not sure if that includes DLC from the store or not, does anyone else know?). Regardless, they are showing me in-game that the individual cars cost $2.99 each, or I can buy the combo pack for $4.99. Problem is, for some reason my Origin client isn't running correctly in-game, so I can't buy them there. If I try to buy them outside of the game (Just navigating through Origin like a website) the cars are advertised at $3.99 each, a full dollar more, and NO combo pack whatsoever. I'm not angry, but I have to ask, what the heck are you guys (EA) doing?

Message 4 of 9 (645 Views)

★ Guide

i don't know if its the same for your problem but there are two options one to activate origin in game in general and one on your specific game to activate it there, it's neccessary for that in game chAt and stuff, don't know if it's for your problem too, give it a try

Message 5 of 9 (758 Views)

★★★ Guide
^^^ Thanks for that.... where would I fine the option to activate it for the specific game?
Message 6 of 9 (629 Views)

★ Guide

go into your gaming library, right click on that game - game properties.

Message 7 of 9 (623 Views)

★★★ Guide
^^^ Thanks I'll try that
Message 8 of 9 (619 Views)

★★★ Guide
@ ln5aNeGuy: Even though Origin In-Game was enabled globally, it wasn't enabled for Payback specifically. I am therefore assuming the problem is resolved, although I didn't have a chance to load up the game last night to verify. Thanks for the suggestion!
Message 9 of 9 (596 Views)