Betreff: Problem with Origin Store; Customer (NO)Service is zero help and uninfo

by EA_Unity

Original Post

Problem with Origin Store; Customer (NO)Service is zero help and uninformed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Okay here is my problem: I wanted to buy three different theme packs for Ultima Online.  Due to Origin Store's terrible design each purchase must be done as a separate transaction.  This is quite silly.  Let me define "Separate Transaction".  I purchase theme pack #1 and pay for it.  Then I purchase theme pack #2 and pay for it.  Then I  repeat for theme pack 3.  Why on earth can't I pay for all three at one time?   Let's take Amazon.com: I go to Amazon to get The Sims 4, the Sims 4 soundtrack and a Katy Perry lip gloss. I put the items in my  Shopping Cart I check out paying for all the items at one time instead of individually.   I did try to talk to your Customer (NO) service through EA help.  All they could tell me is that " EA No longer supports Ultima Online" .   Okay this is WRONG on several levels and reflects that no one at EA communicates with one another.   Yes, Ultima Online is handled by Broadsword Online Games....HOWEVER our expansions, theme packs, booster pack, Sovereigns, and game time/subscriptions go through EA.  According to Ms. Bonnie Armstrong, Ultima Online Producer for Broadsword Online Games, Broadsword is NOT ALLOWED to touch or do anything with the Origin Store, period.   This was handed down by EA Management. Yet, every time an Ultima Online player has issues with the Origin Store we're told you don't support our game and basically to bugger off.  If EA doesn't want to handle the Ultima Online transactions anymore either hand EVERYTHING over to Broadsword or close Ultima Online down.  Please stop treating Customers that have been with you as long as 20 years like manure.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 4 (318 Views)

Betreff: Problem with Origin Store; Customer (NO)Service is zero help and uninfo

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @jirel

First, I would like to thank you for the elaborate feedback on the missing shopping cart in the Origin store.

I am a little confused here...Could you please confirm, that the purchases were successful on your side too? Did you contact the Support because you wished to refund those purchases?

Looking forward to your clarification Standard smile 

Message 2 of 4 (301 Views)

★★★ Novice
Actually I contacted support to see if they could do all three together. Ultima Online codes can take up to 72 hrs to receive. I would rather deal with them coming at one time than three staggered times. After having customer (no) support lie to me and refuse to listen, I didn’t buy anything. It is completely unfair to place the customer in the middle of some sort of power struggle/tug-of-war between EA and Broadsword. Do you have any idea the number of players it has cost UO? Plenty and yet EA continues to veiw their customers like toliet paper disposable and replaceable. My Grandpa was a businessman and always said try to keep the customers you have while you add new ones along the way. Grandpa was cookie distributor for several bakeries. I don’t believe video games are any tougher to sell than cookies. Both are at the mercy of consumer tastes and season. Thank you for your reply.
Message 3 of 4 (288 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @jirel

I get the frustration you have built up due to the experience with the support. And yes you are right, every business should care for existing customers if it is about cookies or the games. My apologies for the information you have received. 

We do care about each one of our customers and our aim is, to keep everyone satisfied while adhering to internal processes. Thank you for taking the time and reporting this incident, I have forwarded the required details for a quality review of your case.

At the moment it is not possible yet, to make one transaction for multiple items. We are collecting feedback in regards to the implementation of a shopping cart and hopefully, this will be changed soon for everyone's convenience.

Please do let me know if you require any further assistance, I will be happy to help. 

Message 4 of 4 (257 Views)