Re: Problem when resetting password

by tyroneblades

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problem when resetting password

★★ Novice

I need to resett my password for SWTOR, after clicking the link in an email to resett my password there is an error.

After entering the Screenname, New password and the security code there ist just the message "an error occured"

No more details links whatsoever.

Please advise

Message 1 of 6 (706 Views)

Accepted Solution

@dasmarbo 

You are best to call swtor cs when the lines are up, they can get you sorted in minutes usually

@tyroneblades 

If both the password and key are in error then calling is the only way to resolve the issue, well apart from creating a new account that will alleviate the need to call

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (572 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@dasmarbo 

Are you clicking the link from a preview of the email or opening the actual email?  Some programs like Outlook let you preview an email so that's one thing to check.  If your email is from an online site, try using a different browser.  If you're using Gmail, you can use either googlemail.com or gmail.com as the same address, or you can add/remove dots: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7436150?hl=en

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 6 (680 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I need help same issue for me.

Message 3 of 6 (655 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Belgorad,

I did used the link after opening the mail and I tried different browsers (Chrome, IE, Oracle). Still the same problem. As soon as I enter credentials plus security key and hit enter

".. an error has occurred ..."

Message 4 of 6 (598 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I feel it has something to do with my security key and the link between SWTOR and Origin Linking. I have the collector's edition with physical authentication device.  I try to reset my password but it doesn't like my secuirty key codes it seems. Mind you I haven't played in ages and they would owe me some dayum amount of Cartel coins I have a feeling this is deliberate to get me to spend money on a new account and I refuse.

Just some food for thought.

PS.  Won't be paying money to call support, its insane its almost 2020 and they have no live support or email support to deal with issues such as this. Disgusting really.

Message 5 of 6 (589 Views)

@dasmarbo 

You are best to call swtor cs when the lines are up, they can get you sorted in minutes usually

@tyroneblades 

If both the password and key are in error then calling is the only way to resolve the issue, well apart from creating a new account that will alleviate the need to call

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 6 of 6 (573 Views)