Madden

by Dope_Nasty101

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problem Playing MADDEN 20 with EA Access

★★★ Newbie

I am aware that the EA Access 10 hour trial became available today.  I have two Ea Access accounts,  one I pre-ordered the ultimate superstar edition on and it is downloaded.  The other I have not made any Madden purchase on.  When I try to play it says that I am to early.  So I went to the EA Access hub, Game Trials, and download.  It seems as though the download is the same as what I already have but it just says preparing for about a minute then gives me an error.  So I went to the account that I did not purchase the game on, took the same steps but still get the same error message.  Please Advise. 

Message 1 of 84 (17,833 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem Playing MADDEN 20 with EA Access

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi, @tsnydermd 

Thanks for joining us for this year's Madden launch! Sorry to hear you're having some trouble though, but we should be able to get you on the field in no time.

If you're an Xbox user, search the store and select the Madden NFL 20 Icon and install it from there.

For PlayStation go to EA Access and then go to Play First Trials, select the big Madden 20 ad which will take you to the store and there you'll find a pre-order or trial button.

You may need to uninstall pre-loads if the Play First Trial is not working.

We've raised this up to the team and they're looking into it, our apologies for any confusion.

[*marked as solution for player visibility, workaround available (above), issue not yet resolved - EA_Barry]

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 84 (17,777 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Madden

★★ Novice

I have EA access and preordered madden 20. However when I try to play my 10 hour trial through EA access it says download error. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and got the same error. Any fixes?

Message 2 of 84 (17,827 Views)

Re: Madden

★★★ Newbie

I tried that too but now it won’t even download the game. It’s downloading as an app

Message 3 of 84 (17,800 Views)

Re: Madden

★★★ Newbie

This is ridiculous!!!

Message 4 of 84 (17,783 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi, @tsnydermd 

Thanks for joining us for this year's Madden launch! Sorry to hear you're having some trouble though, but we should be able to get you on the field in no time.

If you're an Xbox user, search the store and select the Madden NFL 20 Icon and install it from there.

For PlayStation go to EA Access and then go to Play First Trials, select the big Madden 20 ad which will take you to the store and there you'll find a pre-order or trial button.

You may need to uninstall pre-loads if the Play First Trial is not working.

We've raised this up to the team and they're looking into it, our apologies for any confusion.

[*marked as solution for player visibility, workaround available (above), issue not yet resolved - EA_Barry]

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 84 (17,778 Views)

Cant install Madden 20 Game Trail

★★ Novice

Multiple times ive tried to download the Game Trail and keep getting error WTF

Message 6 of 84 (17,771 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry this doesn't work. I actually have 2 EA accounts now and have redownloaded the game twice today. I get the download error/retry on EA access. And in store it just says play, but it then doesn't play the trial. 

What else can I try? Very frustrating since I pay for EA access primarily for early Madden play. 

Message 7 of 84 (17,773 Views)

Community Manager

@Cedarbrae39 

Can you try a quick power cycle and let me know if it helped with the error? Are you able to launch it through your games library and/or the store after power cycling?

Power Cycle

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.

Xbox One:

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.
Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 84 (17,765 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry I did this earlier, it did not help. What's the ETA on the fix? Very frustrating when others are playing. It recognizes my EA discount, but not the trial.
Message 9 of 84 (17,749 Views)

Community Manager

@Cedarbrae39 

Do you have the game installed to an external hard drive or one attached to the Xbox?

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 84 (17,745 Views)