Private play bug- NPC grouping

by mjcol1388

Original Post

Private play bug- NPC grouping

★★★ Novice

I noticed a while back that when I play Vanguish Confirm on private and local split screen, the NPCs group up in certain locations and ignore most other activities besides trying to get to said location. The Location varies from map to map but it is always consistent on the same location and every game while in that game mode. Has anybody else ran into this problem on the PS4? it's like the computer is trying to play turf takeover on vanguish confirm.

Message 1 of 8 (644 Views)

Re: Private play bug- NPC grouping

Community Manager

It sounds like a pathing issue alright. I hopped in a game and couldn't replicate it, though I only have access to a PC right now. Can you list any maps it was especially noticeable on?

The game's pretty old so I'm not sure about updates to make changes at this point, but it can't hurt to gather info. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 8 (624 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the response. If memory serves me correctly, this issue actually started happening for me directly after the last update (or the update before that). It was fairly recent.

When I get home, I'll hop in a game a take a few pictures to share. I first noticed it on 'Time park'. Majority of the NPCs would try to go to 'Asia' and sit on the middle of the bridge. It is also prominent on 'Boney Island'. NPCs would try to gather lower level inside the cave near the middle of the stage. There is a case similar to this scenario on every map.  

Message 3 of 8 (618 Views)

★★★ Novice

One example

Message 4 of 8 (581 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_David Please see the attached picture
Message 5 of 8 (578 Views)

★★★ Novice

Example of NPC  grouping on one location on Vanguish confirmed

Message 6 of 8 (565 Views)

★★ Guide
@mjcol1388 It's a problem, all right. I had tgat same problem too 1 year ago, but it now just disappeared
Message 7 of 8 (528 Views)

★★★ Novice

Glad it's just not me then. Unfortunately it's bad enough to ruin the match 

Message 8 of 8 (516 Views)