Prime Gaming Skins Re-release request (Loba Rose Gold)

by Fitmaidog

Original Post

Prime Gaming Skins Re-release request (Loba Rose Gold)

★★★★ Novice

Hi EA help, Respawn and Apex community,

I would like to humbly request a re-release of old Prime Gaming skins or a change in the system to automatically credit new skins once EA and Prime Gaming accounts are linked.  I missed the Loba Rose Gold skin despite being a Prime Gaming member throughout the offer period.  I think it is actually the best skin that Prime Gaming has ever released, and it's arguably Loba's best ever skin.  As a Loba main myself, and I would feel others in a similar situation would feel the same way - it's extremely disappointing to not have this skin and be able to use it while playing.

Link to this content preview ->

https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/prime-gaming-bundle-loba-rose-gold

I was a Twitch Prime / Prime Gaming member since the beginning of Apex Legends (ie. Feb 2019) and claimed every other skin the service had to offer, starting with the purple Pathfinder Omega Prime skin (the best Twitch Prime skin before this Loba Rose Gold one in my opinion).  I had found the skins were ultimately fairly average and not extremely exciting, however I had always been waiting for and hoping for a Loba skin one day, but never saw one.  During the Xmas holidays last year I was travelling, but had no notification or idea that a new skin had come out. There was no advertising etc. that I saw, and I was actually playing Apex Legends through the January period.  Around February I decided to check if any new skins were out yet as I hadn't seen one for a while, and found this Loba skin had been available but the offer period had already ended about 2 weeks before I looked it up (ie. I looked it up at beginning of February and it ended on 19th January).  Even though I have my account linked and have received every other skin, of course the system makes you go to the page and manually click to get the content you otherwise deserve from your membership.

The problem with Prime Gaming skins, especially one as good as this, is they are never re-released.  They seem to be done on a 'snooze you lose' basis, despite your membership being paid for and active, and actually having the right to the skin.  Skins that are offered in-game will always be repeated many times over the history of the game, except for collection events, which are very very obviously stated as a one-time-only deal in the game itself.

As a result, you have a situation where you had a paid membership, deserved the skin, didn't know about it at the time, therefore didn't claim it, and now are left never being able to get a skin and use something with pride that a graphics team and development team would have put a hell of a lot of effort into.

Is there some way we can either have a re-release of this and other Prime Gaming skins, either for claim or even for purchase?  I would happily buy it if available!  Ideally Prime Gaming members would automatically get all the skins they're entitled to once their accounts have been linked without the unnecessarily manual approach of needing to go to the claim page each couple of months, and then this situation would also be avoided and award the paid members with the skins they deserve.

Ever since I found out about having missed the skin, I've raised multiple cases with Prime Gaming and EA, and have been passed from one support desk to another, and eventually after 6 months of trying I got to chat with an EA help rep who could only tell me that it's missed content and there's no way to verify it "90 days later", despite explaining that I've been raising cases since 2 weeks after the claim period ended.  Yes, that's ultimately my problem in the way the mechanism of this works in this case, but why make paying members who actually want to use that content suffer simply because they didn't know about the offer until it was 'too late'?

I would love it if the following could be done ->

1) Make all past skins on Prime Gaming / Apex partnership available for members who had their membership through that period.

2) Automate delivery of future skins once accounts are linked.

3) Make those past skins available for purchase in game after a certain time period has lapsed (1 year I think is pretty reasonable to allow those with the membership exclusive use for the first year, and then others to potentially purchase).

4) If none of the above possible, a re-release of this skin in particular!

This ultimately means more people will be using the content that is already created through hard work and keeping them interested in the game itself and feeling positive about the community support. If offered for a re-sale in future, means more revenue for EA/Respawn and more use out of the Prime Gaming relationship.  It's a win for all parties.  The only positive aspect of the current 'snooze you lose' system is for the certain group of people who were members and realised it was available at the time get to parade their items in front of other people to feed their envy, which - even if it is fed, the other people can never end up getting that content as it's only ever available once.  ie. it's a simple bragging rights only - and otherwise not very positive for the game and content overall, nor conducive to earning the most revenue out of the content that has been created, which is at best a real shame for all who miss out, or possibly heartbreaking for those it really matters to.

As it turns out, this skin is clearly under-utilised, as I've literally only seen it in game one time on one opposing Loba and never in any other circumstance - which is a real shame for the creators of that, what I consider to be golden content.

I'd really love to see any of these ideas considered or at least 2nd chances given to get this past content through either a re-release or something like an offer to "join now and get all past skins" campaign or a future paid content to bring content into the community that is otherwise just simply unused.

I couldn't find the right 'category' for this post, so please do move it to an alternate board if appropriate.

Thank you and much appreciate any consideration that can be given to this request!

Message 1 of 28 (1,361 Views)

Re: Prime Gaming Skins Re-release request (Loba Rose Gold)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I suppose this dropped off the top too quick?  Is this the right forum for this topic or should it be elsewhere?

Message 2 of 28 (1,283 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still hoping

Message 3 of 28 (1,241 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Fitmaidog 

I am going to move your post to the General Discussion board maybe it is a better place for it.

I hope it gets you some feedback.  

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 4 of 28 (1,224 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you @Asmodeus566, much appreciated!  Yes, hope so too! 😊🙏

Do you have any view on the prime gaming skins being either re-released or made available to those who had memberships while there were available?

Message 5 of 28 (1,191 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Fitmaidogi feel the re-release of previous prime skins would decrease the value of prime gaming like people won't immidiately sub for prime if they know the item will return someday

like battlepass item for example

Message 6 of 28 (1,178 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Fitmaidog Prime skins will NEVER re-release or be sold in the store at a later time. It's actually illegal for Respawn to do so, or face a hefty fine. Old battlepass skins have a possibility of re-colors at least, Prime skins have a 0% chance of coming back. There's a couple articles and a vid on this specific topic. Sorry, if you snoozed you lose'd on this one. I missed a couple good ones myself that I really wanted.
Message 7 of 28 (1,141 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @kittysune, thanks for your reply!  😊 I definitely see your point and the point you’re making is actually the same as mine which a nuance.

If everyone with prime gaming has access to the skins that were available while they have been a member then people would be *more* inclined to become members and *stay* members. Also the “sign up to get this skin now” lure is still there too.  Thus it wouldn’t decrease the value of prime gaming at all, if anything, increase it.

What that approach does is take away the need to manually go and click skins separately just to “claim” them during an arbitrary period.

Missing that arbitrary period because you weren’t aware of the skin, despite holding the membership and then feeling like you missed something you deserved and didn’t get, generates a feeling of frustration and dissatisfaction and that you’re not getting your money’s worth.  In that regard, it feels like this approach actually *decreases* the value of prime gaming and encourages people to quit the service.

For me - that’s how it feels at the moment and I’d rather see the system changed to reward loyal members with the skins they deserve - not simply reward those who happened to notice the skins at the right time and clicked before the period finished.

Message 8 of 28 (1,114 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @DankToliet @thanks for your reply and feedback 😊  Yes I agree, that is unfortunately the current state that they will never be released.

i have to admit I’m not sure what the specific. agreements are between respawn and Prime around releasing the skins, but it would be within their power to negotiate such an event between them if they thought it were beneficial to what the community wants, and that’s the only power we’d have to change it too - if the community wants to have their skins available then collectively asking for it is the only way to impact that.  I would be interested in seeing those videos you mentioned.

as for battle pass - I agree - it’s a very different system - it’s very clear that it’s a pass for you to get all of those items but only if you level up within that season’s period.  This is done to encourage people to play their game more!  Ie they are trying to ensure they get maximum players during the season getting the battle pass items because they know the players understand that if they don’t get it complete in time it will be too late so they all spend more time playing. That’s a fair and very easy to understand system.

Prime gaming would also be trying to attract the most members. But then clicking on a skin doesn’t increase subscription to the service. The idea that they get skins is the lure to the service. That they need to be members before the skin is gone is a a catch to sign up immediately. But once you miss claiming the skin that you actually deserved due to your membership, assuming you really wanted the skin (ie you won’t care much if you didn’t like the skin really), there’s now nothing left than a feeling of disappointment and regret that the service doesn’t automatically credit your skins I think.

Message 9 of 28 (1,108 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Fitmaidog All content for Amazon prime gaming rewards is marketed as exclusive one time offers. Amazon would have to renegotiate with hundreds of studios to change this.

From the site What is included in this offer?

"This special offer includes 15 unique Apex Legends content drops.

Drop 1 is the ‘Electric Royalty’ Bundle.
Drop 2 is the ‘Venom Blade’ Bundle.
Drop 3 is the ‘Rose Gold’ Bundle.
Drop 4 is the 'Core Crafted' Bundle.
Drop 5 is the 'Frosthaven' Legendary Skin.
Drop 6 is the 'Mad Maggie' Bundle.
Drop 7 is the 'Valkyrie Deep Dive' Bundle.
Drop 8 is the ‘Newcastle Stone Skies' Bundle.
Drop 9 is the 'Gibraltar Easy Breezy' Bundle.
Drop 10 is the 'Wraith Fleur De Lethal' Bundle.
Drop 11 is the 'Vantage Troop Leader' Bundle.

Check back for more information on future content drops"

A return of previous limited time skin wouldn't be unique now would it? If you could convince Amazon shareholders at their next meeting to make this the make or break selling point then maybe youd have a small chance. I'm sorry, Loba skins aren't where they draw the line.
Message 10 of 28 (1,081 Views)