Press play, window opens, black screen, 10 seconds later it closes

by soullessshinobi

Original Post

Press play, window opens, black screen, 10 seconds later it closes

★★ Novice

Hi EA,

I've been able to play the game up till the 19th of December with no issues whatsoever however since then when i press play the game opens into a black screen for about 10-20 seconds then just closes with no error stated and creates a crash dump in the documents folder, i have tried everything from fresh install, to deleting the temp, to disabling antivirus and windows defender with no change what so ever however all the other games i have (fifa19, battlefield 5) all work with no issues what so ever and up till that point i had 41 plus hours in it so i would like help in how to fix it.

Message 1 of 5 (374 Views)

Re: Press play, window opens, black screen, 10 seconds later it closes

Community Manager

Hey @soullessshinobi

Do you have the latest Windows updates and driver for your video card? Double-check real quick because that's where I'm leaning towards first. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/#updatedrivers

Another thing you can try is deleting Origin and re-download the latest version. The client might have got corrupted and just needs a quick re-install. Deleting Origin won't uninstall your games. https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (361 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Blueberry

I have tried all you have recommended and unfortunately there is no change whatsoever as it still does the same thing every time you try to play it.

(windows was fully updated and so was all the drivers and graphics even after a clean install and no change doing origin clean install too)

Message 3 of 5 (350 Views)

Community Manager

Is Madden and Origin both installed on the same drive? If not, I'm concerned that could be the problem. If you're still in need of some help I recommend reaching out to our friends at Live-Support so they can dive into some quick tech troubleshooting with you. 

Here is how to contact Live-Support

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 5 (272 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Blueberry

yes they are both on the same drive and i will try live support to see if that solves the problem and if so post the fix that was done 

Message 5 of 5 (261 Views)