Preferred Status Character Slots post KOTFE

by verybigboi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Preferred Status Character Slots post KOTFE

★★★★★ Newbie

Since they are increasing the amount of characters u can have on a server,are they also increasing the amount of characters f2p and preferred accounts can have?atm preferred can have a maximum of 16

Message 1 of 6 (2,381 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Preferred Status Character Slots post KOTFE

Community Manager

@ShawDou @verybigboi @collinc2343 @Ccavedude @Belgorad Greetings everyone,

The previously listed limit of 14 was incorrect. The correct number is indeed 16, thanks everyone for pointing this out.

I have updated this in the FAQ and pasted the correct version below.

EA_Nils wrote: 
15. If I have 22 characters on a server now, will I still be able to create a Start at level 60 character?

Yes, you will. We have increased the maximum number of character slots available to subscribers to 40 per server. When you purchase a Start at Level 60 character you automatically receive a server slot unlock with it.

When you reach the new maximum of 40 characters per server you will no longer be able to purchase or use additional Start at Level 60 characters.

Note: If you’re a preferred player, the number of active characters you may have per server has been increased to 16. You cannot have more than 16 active characters on a server even with purchased unlocks or Start at 60 characters. 

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (2,360 Views)

All Replies

Hero

As of right now they haven't confirmed what the changes will be for F2P or Preferred as the limit size.  If they do it will be posted either here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

or here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=255

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 6 (2,372 Views)

★★★ Novice

Read this. Bottom paragraph.

Message 3 of 6 (2,337 Views)

Champion (Retired)

From cavedude's link:

Note: If you’re a preferred player, the number of active characters you may have per server has been increased to 14. You cannot have more than 14 active characters on a server even with purchased unlocks or Start at 60 characters.

Message 4 of 6 (2,331 Views)

★ Apprentice

@collinc2343 wrote:

From cavedude's link:

Note: If you’re a preferred player, the number of active characters you may have per server has been increased to 14. You cannot have more than 14 active characters on a server even with purchased unlocks or Start at 60 characters.

Well since right now. preferred can have up to 16 active characters the statement is not correct, because it is actually decreasing to 14. I think they forget the difference between F2P and  preferred. F2P right now can have up to 12 active chars, so it is increase for them, but preferred always had 4 more then F2P.

I really would like EA info about this.

Message 5 of 6 (2,289 Views)

Community Manager

@ShawDou @verybigboi @collinc2343 @Ccavedude @Belgorad Greetings everyone,

The previously listed limit of 14 was incorrect. The correct number is indeed 16, thanks everyone for pointing this out.

I have updated this in the FAQ and pasted the correct version below.

EA_Nils wrote: 
15. If I have 22 characters on a server now, will I still be able to create a Start at level 60 character?

Yes, you will. We have increased the maximum number of character slots available to subscribers to 40 per server. When you purchase a Start at Level 60 character you automatically receive a server slot unlock with it.

When you reach the new maximum of 40 characters per server you will no longer be able to purchase or use additional Start at Level 60 characters.

Note: If you’re a preferred player, the number of active characters you may have per server has been increased to 16. You cannot have more than 16 active characters on a server even with purchased unlocks or Start at 60 characters. 

Message 6 of 6 (2,361 Views)