Preferred Player Status

by Sorceinist

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Preferred Player Status

★★★ Novice
I feel so stupid right now. Around an hour ago, I met a really nice player on SWTOR. The only problem was that I was a F2P player and I couldn’t talk to him. I’m fairly new to TOR, so I went to go send him mail and it says I must be a preferred player or be subscribed. At the bottom of the message it says “Preferred Player is rewarded to anyone who buys Cartel Coins, a Subscription, etc.” I thought that was awesome and I could finally talk to my friend. I decided to buy the $2.99 Cartel Coins, because I wasn’t gonna use them anyway, just wanted to talk to my friend. I purchase them and then I go to the mailbox and I still don’t have PPS. I then read on the forums that it might have to be $5. I haven’t used any of the CC. Is there anything I could do to maybe talk to him. The thing at the bottom of the mail just said you had to purchase CC, so I’m very confused. Help!
Message 1 of 30 (2,344 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Misinformation regarding Cartel Coin purchase giving Preferred status / REFU

EA Live QV Team

@Krymzonbladez Excellent to see!

I went ahead and double checked all accounts involved, and I can confirm that they've now correctly been converted from F2P to Preferred. Thanks for your patience, everyone!

View in thread

Message 28 of 30 (3,212 Views)

All Replies

Re: Preferred Player Status

★★★★ Novice
I bought the 3 dollar one because the 5 dollar one has sales tax and my card was only 5 bucks, it doesn't say anywhere ti had to be a 5 dollar purchase just ANY store purchase. I feel wronged and duped.
Message 2 of 30 (2,238 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Krymzonbladez @Sorceinist

The general rule is spending any amount of money on the game will convert you from F2P to Preferred, so this seems to be a bug. We're currently looking into it, hopefully we can get you both upgraded soon Standard smile

Message 3 of 30 (2,213 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank you so much!
Message 4 of 30 (2,205 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Well hopefully so but it's been days now and i'm still f2p :/
Message 5 of 30 (2,180 Views)

★★★★ Novice

my account name is krymzonblade on swtor also...

Message 6 of 30 (2,177 Views)

★★★★ Novice
though i guess since it shows my purchase history when you look under this account it won't matter..
Message 7 of 30 (2,175 Views)

★★★★ Novice
any luck there @EA_Kipling
Message 8 of 30 (2,116 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Krymzonbladez @Sorceinist I've chased this up for both of you, slow movings around the holidays. Apologies for the delay!

Message 9 of 30 (2,090 Views)

Misinformation regarding Cartel Coin purchase giving Preferred status / REFUND r

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum and I'll keep it short.

I bought a $2.99 pack of Cartel Coins in order to get Preferred status on my SWTOR account (login name: Zormuil) as it is stated on the SWTOR main site. As it seems, the site is wrong about getting Preferred status with any  Cartel Store purchase.

Purchase details:

PAYMENT METHOD: 
Visa
ORDER NUMBER: 1003803138037 
DATE: 05 Jan 2018 15:50 GMT

So hereby I'm asking for answers, clarification, and if you really don't get Preferred status by buying the cheapest Cartel Coin pack, I would like a refund.

Thanks in advance.

Message 10 of 30 (2,105 Views)