Prediction error when I fight certain enemies -> Cancells autofire

by Babbediboopi

Original Post

Prediction error when I fight certain enemies -> Cancells autofire

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Hello.

I have 19 ms to my server and 0% packet loss and playing on a stable 100mbit connection on cable (not wi-fi). In some games recently (the past 3 weeks or so), I sometimes get prediction error which seemingly start flashing when I look at certain enemy players. Prediction error is described as when the server cant predict the position of a player, so I wonder if its my client or the enemy client or some kind incompatibility between our clients. 

ping.JPG

Whats even worse and somewhat game breaking for me; sometimes when this happens, my automatic fire gun wont work properly. It will shot a couple bullets and then stop and I have to release the mouse button and press again. I'll link a video when this happened. As soon as the Pathfinder comes around the corner, the prediction error symbol appears. I start to hipfire with my R99 and the gun shoots exactly 5 shots before it stops.

And I just wanna point out that Im 100% sure it isnt my mouse that malfunctions since I logged the mouse input once when this happened and it wasnt that. Also, during this clip am I holding RMB the entire time so its not me who ADSes which makes me stop firing; I ADSes BECAUSE it stops because it made me kinda stressed..

Anyone know the cause for this and how to fix it? Ty in advance.

Message 1 of 4 (624 Views)

Re: Prediction error when I fight certain enemies -> Cancells autofire

Community Manager

Hey @Babbediboopi

I want to try running through some troubleshooting steps to see if we can help with the prediction errors you've been seeing. A good place to start would be with the basic connectivity troubleshooting steps over at the EA Help website. 

If you're still seeing the same issue after that check out the PC-specific steps as well. Let me know how it goes when you can. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (558 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@EA_Kent thanks for the reply. 

Yes, I tried all "standard" solutions before I posted; flushed DNS, Restarted router and checked ping and packet loss to EA servers (no problems there). Based on what other people say on various forums, its totally server sided. Just watch at this clip. Whenever I run into the Caustic gas OR outside the circle, the Prediction error comes exactly synced with the damage tick and disappears as soon as I walk out of it. That just cant be a client sided thing. Why would my client have problem only because I take dmg like this?.

So its so strange why it can interrupt my fire since that, if Im not mistaken, is happening totally client sided locally in my game and has nothing to do with my connection or the server or server lag hrmm

Message 3 of 4 (546 Views)

Community Manager

@Babbediboopi 

Thanks for the video. I'll forward this up for a look. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (514 Views)