Re: Prediction error possible source?

by jjdyn0mite

Original Post

Prediction error possible source?

★ Novice

Last weekend I started getting the prediction error stuttering and rubberbanding making the game unplayable.  I saw a lot of threads and topics covering the issue and most seem to point back to a server side issue.  It was just weird because I had never had this kind of issue before and was on a good connection.  I went through a bunch of options and ended up solving it by going back to an earlier restore point on my computer.  Well this morning I decided to remove some programs from my start up routine to speed up startup (Amazon music, Dropbox, and epic games launcher). After that the rubberbanding and prediction error started again.  Thinking back, I’m pretty sure I had done the same thing (changed the pc startup routine) before the prediction error started the first time, I just didn’t make the association...  I went back and changed the startup settings back to where they were and restarted my computer but the prediction error persisted.  Unfortunately the previous restore point was now gone and I hadn’t saved one in the meantime when my game was working (like an idiot...)  Can anyone figure out what would have changed with those minor changes to my pc’s startup routine?  I feel like something must have been changed in the registry or something.  Now I’m back to maybe having to do a full windows reinstall.  

Message 1 of 5 (316 Views)

★ Novice

Did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my Lenovo legion y740 RTX 2070:  still getting prediction error. God is telling me to stop playing Apex...

Message 2 of 5 (286 Views)

Champion

Hello and thanks for reaching out, could you please answer the following info:

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 5 (266 Views)

★ Novice

First off, I have been running this game for over a year on wifi.  Worst internet speed I use is 4g hotspot but even that is perfectly playable prior to this.  I play on the network at work which gives me consistent pings in the 20s.  At home my internet/ping runs 40-60s.  The problem is the same no matter if I am on the fastest internet available or slowest.

I am running latest version of Windows 10. I just did a fresh install and updated to the latest version and latest drivers for everything.

I moved from Origin to Steam with this latest windows reinstall to see if there was anything wonky with the launcher.  Same issue.

I just went through the link to clear cache and did not find anything to clear.

This happens whether there is anything else going on on the internet in terms of streaming or whatever.  I am convinced this is not an internet connectivity issue.  I think it is some obscure setting in the registry or directx drivers or something.

I have followed some recs on youtube videos (before the reinstall) to change DNS settings etc..  

The only thing that solved the issue was going back to a previous restore point.  I think I remember some note on the automatic restore point from like Jan 15 about directx runtime update or something.  The only common thing I can think of was turning off some programs from my app settings-->startup menu because I was tired of waiting for those 2-3 programs to load every time I started my PC.

Thanks for at least replying.  This is absolutely driving me crazy...

Message 4 of 5 (242 Views)

★ Novice

Another argument against a server or internet issue is the fact that when I die and spectate, the game runs perfectly smoothly from someone elses perspective...

Message 5 of 5 (238 Views)