Prediction error fix

by z421

Original Post

Prediction error fix

★ Apprentice

I keep on getting a prediction error message which lags me like crazy in the middle of a fight. I've tried the Ea connection troubleshooting stuff which is useless, my internet connection is fine and I get low ping (10-20ms, and I use ethernet cable). My PC has good specs (GTX 1060, i7-7700k, 16 GB ram) but I always get this error. Does anyone have a fix?

Message 1 of 6 (562 Views)

Re: Prediction error fix

Community Manager

Hi @z421

Which datacenter are you connecting to? Have you tried switching to other datacenters to test and see if you're still getting prediction errors? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 6 (505 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've tried the Virginia 1 & 2 centers along with the New York center, and on each one, I get the error. I haven't done it on any other center, as I would be getting very high ping going to any other ones.

Message 3 of 6 (478 Views)

Community Manager

@z421 

Gotcha, thanks for the details!

Can we try changing the DNS settings in Windows to see if that helps at all? I've seen some cases where using a different DNS can help with similar issues. You can change the DNS through the TCP/IP Settings in Windows. For more details on how you can get there check out the Microsoft Support website

If you choose Manual in the TCP/IP Settings you can enter a DNS of your choosing. I usually recommend using 8.8.8.8 as the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 as the Secondary DNS. This is the public Google DNS, but if there's a different open DNS you would prefer using that would be OK as well. 

Let me know how that goes when you can. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 6 (435 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've tried this over the course of the past few days, and I still haven't found any improvement. Is there anything else I could try, or can we just say that the servers have problems?

Message 5 of 6 (393 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @z421

When you have a chance would you be able to run a UO Trace and send me the results? That should let us see more details on the connection between your home network and the servers, so if there's something happening in between we should be able to spot it. 

For more details on how to run the trace visit the EA Help website. Once you have the results please send them to me in a direct message. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (363 Views)